10-11-07, 06:14 PM   #1
Obes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Getting and protecting the "right" version of Autobar ?

Correct me if I am wrong here.
But AutoBar2020006 is the last of the "old" autobar's that works with Mazzle ?

Now to protect it, is as simple as putting a hidden directory called .svn in autobar and possibly the autobar_config ?
10-11-07, 06:55 PM   #2
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Click Start, click Run, type cmd, press enter
In the command prompt type the below pressing enter after each line
Code:
cd \
cd "Program Files"
cd "world of warcraft\interface\addons\autobar"
md ".svn"
cd ..
cd autobarconfig
md ".svn"
AutoBar is protected
Note: you can even copy paste this into the command prompt and it will execute each line. You may also need to change the destination folders depending on your installation of WoW.

Note: You can not add the following symbols by default in a Windows Directory (using right click New->Folder) \/:*?"<>|.
. as it is read as an extension of the directory, which is already set to .dir

Last edited by fyrye : 10-19-07 at 12:07 PM.
10-11-07, 07:16 PM   #3
Obes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Or copy and paste a .svn out of another folder :P

also http://files.wowace.com/AutoBar/AutoBar-r51227.7.zip seems to be the last of the old autobar installs.

Last autobarconfig is http://files.wowace.com/AutoBarConfi...fig-r50011.zip
10-11-07, 09:06 PM   #4
treebeard72
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for posting that Obes
10-12-07, 01:48 PM   #5
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Obes
Or copy and paste a .svn out of another folder :P

also http://files.wowace.com/AutoBar/AutoBar-r51227.7.zip seems to be the last of the old autobar installs.

Last autobarconfig is http://files.wowace.com/AutoBarConfi...fig-r50011.zip
Didnt want to have to try and explain how to show hidden folders again *shrug*
10-13-07, 01:21 AM   #6
Egin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Going to give this a shot.. The new AutoBar sux butt!.. Thank you so much for posting
10-13-07, 03:33 PM   #7
Orcares
A Kobold Labourer
I HATE that this "new" autobar is broken and STUPID. Why do people have to "fix" something that isn't broken? Don't make an addon that sucks when it tries to do everything... Instead, make an addon that works great at what it was designed to do. This is what Autobar used to be, now it's a mess...
10-14-07, 08:59 PM   #8
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Orcares
I HATE that this "new" autobar is broken and STUPID. Why do people have to "fix" something that isn't broken? Don't make an addon that sucks when it tries to do everything... Instead, make an addon that works great at what it was designed to do. This is what Autobar used to be, now it's a mess...
*sigh* you do better...
This is how code is improved, this is why you are not using DOS, this is why we drive cars that get 300miles on a tank of gas, this is human nature.
Ace 3 is also coming soon.
Sorry to inconvenience you, and try and improve on a working project.
It'll get fixed by the devs, and then you can go back and enjoy the features that probably started the same way as this one did.
Please try and post more constructive things, like, an actual bug report or a method of fixing it.
10-15-07, 10:10 AM   #9
Gaeline
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Actually, I think it hit a nice turning point last night, its the first time that the new beta (its best to remember that AutoBar in its current form is only a beta) seemed to act as it should. It was configurable and worked nicely. It won't work with the Mazzle auto config, but thats to be expected and probably won't bare any interest on Mazzle contributors until AutoBar is out of beat and is finalised somewhat.

If you have 5 minutes to play around with AutoBar, I suggest you download the newest version of it now
10-15-07, 05:03 PM   #10
Obes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well when I tried the new version of autobar I spent the time and configured it, and after 1 night of use I gave up, frequently when I clicked a potion or food it didn't work ... nothing happened. Not a big deal for food, but a moderately larger annoyance when its a pot or stone.

And the druid bar was blocking things .... on my warlock .... and if you disabled it at the wrong time you ended up with a dirty great big red bar on the screen. And on my druid, the druid bar offered nothing I'd want ! So I disabled it there too.

The last version of the old autobar is stable and it works well with mazzle and 2.2.

And while it is great he is developing a new version and features. It should have been autobar2, the old autobar had been the way it was for a very long time (years).

So while you say its good and working now ... pass.
10-19-07, 10:24 AM   #11
ikathma
A Murloc Raider
Ok, can't get the new autobar to work right, so I went back to the old one. Now, I tried fyrye post, but couldn't get it to work as is. I did manage to get as far as having a window pop up that showed the contents of the autobar folder, but couldn't make a new directory in there. Any suggestions?
10-19-07, 12:08 PM   #12
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Updated the copy paste method, so it should now go to the root directory of c: instead of documents and settings.
Code:
cd \
cd "Program Files"
cd "world of warcraft\interface\addons\autobar"
md ".svn"
cd ..
cd autobarconfig
md ".svn"
10-19-07, 08:18 PM   #13
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
God I miss DOS
10-20-07, 08:22 AM   #14
Psychtrip
A Defias Bandit
Even simplier version of protecting autobar once you have the correct file is when you open up WAU, right click the file and select ignore, it wont update it then. Works for me.
10-20-07, 12:06 PM   #15
ikathma
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Psychtrip
Even simplier version of protecting autobar once you have the correct file is when you open up WAU, right click the file and select ignore, it wont update it then. Works for me.

You're a genius!!! Sorry fyrye, I tried what you posted again, and still had no luck. It's been so long since I messed with this stuff, I don't remember crap. Thanks for everyone's help on this one. Big kudos to all that have done so much to get this UI going with the new patch, wish I knew enough to help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Getting and protecting the "right" version of Autobar ?