09-07-07, 03:52 AM   #1
Miststorm
A Kobold Labourer
LF dynamic raid macros

I am looking for a mod that would ease the problem of having a large collection of encounter specific macros selected by hand. The problem is that for quite a few encounters you have specific targeting and/or item use macros, and after a while it gets annoying to have to change these macros manually every time you get to the encounter.

As such I wonder whether a mod that would provide you with a few buttons which would change their content depending on the boss module currenty activated / last boss targetted would be easily achieveable? I believe support for changing macro text would be sufficient.
09-07-07, 08:04 AM   #2
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
A couple of options that I can think of:

Trinity Action Bars -- http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6391 -- You would need to create "profile"s for each encounter that would change your bars when you loaded the profile. You could set your macros to those bars, etc.

Simple Action Sets -- http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ctionSets.html -- Save action bars as sets that can be swapped out.

Description
Do you find yourself reshuffling your spells around on your action bars when ever you PvP or PvE? Are you finding that you have a custom main bar with 48 spells in it and 6 side bars and still need more buttons to hold all your spells, items and macros? Have some special case spells or macros setup you wish you didn't have to keep dragging on and off your action bar?

This addon will save all 120 actions, or just 1, and anywhere inbetween and let you swap them in at any time.

It isn't automated by any means though. >.<
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-07-07, 09:38 AM   #3
Vex
Premium Member

i dont think addons can write to the macro file.
09-07-07, 09:49 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Sure they can. Decursive and others do it. They just can't dynamically update them.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-07-07, 10:02 AM   #5
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Decursive can...

Originally Posted by Vex
i dont think addons can write to the macro file.
Decursive creates a macro programatically and edits the macro contents...
09-07-07, 10:03 AM   #6
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Seerah
Sure they can. Decursive and others do it. They just can't dynamically update them.
/agree

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF dynamic raid macros