07-30-07, 03:58 PM   #181
entendu
A Defias Bandit
Windowed/fullscreen bug (mac)

First off, let me express my thanks for your (obviously) hard work and long hours spent on this comp. I don't want to sound like a brown-noser, but really, I appreciate it a lot.

Now, I've read through known issues and this thread and seem to have missed if this particular problem has been mentioned. I will paraphrase this thread:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=63439

When entering full screen mode or even starting in full screen and then going to windowed mode [in mac os, t]he graphics of the casting bar becomes a giant black bar and the mini map stays all black.

Symptoms are:
Minimap area becomes black and is larger than the minimap usually is. The blackness extends over approximately 1/3 of the nearest hotbar buttons. Player cursor and other minimap notes appear on top of this blackness. It appears that certain areas of the UI area do not rescale correctly or are layered incorrectly when a rescale happens.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start wow in windowed or full-screen mode. Observe that the UI is working as expected.
2. Press Cmd+M to change to fullscreen/windowed mode. Screen will turn black as this change happens.
3. Observe the described anomolies.

Will screenshots help, or do you know what I'm speaking of here?

Thanks again.
07-30-07, 04:11 PM   #182
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by entendu
First off, let me express my thanks for your (obviously) hard work and long hours spent on this comp. I don't want to sound like a brown-noser, but really, I appreciate it a lot.

Now, I've read through known issues and this thread and seem to have missed if this particular problem has been mentioned. I will paraphrase this thread:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=63439

When entering full screen mode or even starting in full screen and then going to windowed mode [in mac os, t]he graphics of the casting bar becomes a giant black bar and the mini map stays all black.

Symptoms are:
Minimap area becomes black and is larger than the minimap usually is. The blackness extends over approximately 1/3 of the nearest hotbar buttons. Player cursor and other minimap notes appear on top of this blackness. It appears that certain areas of the UI area do not rescale correctly or are layered incorrectly when a rescale happens.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start wow in windowed or full-screen mode. Observe that the UI is working as expected.
2. Press Cmd+M to change to fullscreen/windowed mode. Screen will turn black as this change happens.
3. Observe the described anomolies.

Will screenshots help, or do you know what I'm speaking of here?

Thanks again.
As far as I know, this is a wow issue and has existed for quite some time. Any frames containing textures are lost when switching video modes. If you apply a mask to the minimap to make it square, the minimap will also turn black. You don't even have to tab out for this to happen. Changing certain video rendering options will also cause this. I was always under the impression that it was a wow bug.

P.S. If there's a programmatic way to avoid this, I'd be interested in knowing how. Does anyone know if other add-ons that display user textures have this issue? It's been quite some time since I've used one of them.
07-30-07, 04:25 PM   #183
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

As far as I know, this is a wow issue and has existed for quite some time. Any frames containing textures are lost when switching video modes. If you apply a mask to the minimap to make it square, the minimap will also turn black. You don't even have to tab out for this to happen. Changing certain video rendering options will also cause this. I was always under the impression that it was a wow bug.

P.S. If there's a programmatic way to avoid this, I'd be interested in knowing how. Does anyone know if other add-ons that display user textures have this issue? It's been quite some time since I've used one of them.
I do not have this issue with eePanels when using a custom texture...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-30-07, 04:46 PM   #184
entendu
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah
I do not have this issue with eePanels when using a custom texture...

Just to clarify.. on a Mac? I don't have the issue when I'm on my PC.
08-01-07, 05:15 AM   #185
Mixmaster
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Problems 1.1

I am having a few issues with release 1.1 after a clean install on my Mac Pro.

I cant get Itemrack to show on my right side of screen. I get some little graphic pix in its place. I do have the hot button selected to show it. Initial install puts Item rack menu on my mini map. I moved it to top of screen ok.

Decursive keep putting a macro in my macros and I keep getting an error that the macro is not key bound. Even after I delete the macro, the macro and error keep coming back.

regards
08-01-07, 05:23 PM   #186
mrwuss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Mixmaster

I cant get Itemrack to show on my right side of screen. I get some little graphic pix in its place. I do have the hot button selected to show it. Initial install puts Item rack menu on my mini map. I moved it to top of screen ok.

Decursive keep putting a macro in my macros and I keep getting an error that the macro is not key bound. Even after I delete the macro, the macro and error keep coming back.

regards

Decursive's error is part of Decursive. You can edit the options for decursive to not do a check for the macro being key bound.

FYI binding/dragging dropping that macro to a key/button is what you would use to 'use' decursive.
08-01-07, 09:00 PM   #187
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can still "use" decursive with out using the macro or the live list. You just click on the MUFs.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-01-07, 11:28 PM   #188
tweetor
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs down Wrong target class

Hi,

when fighting Moroes in Kara I got a strange problem with the displayed target classes for him and for his adds.

Moroes himself is being shown as a warrior, although he should be classified as rogue.
3 of his adds were displayed as paladins, although the Baroness should be shown as priest.

One of my guildmates supposed it was an issue with me using Mobhealth2 instead of 3, but I checked that and the version looks good.

Any ideas what addon is responsible for that (if not Mobhealth)? I could go and see if there's an update maybe.

I am using the German client with the latest Mazzle version.

Kind regards,
Tweetor
08-02-07, 01:47 AM   #189
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tweetor
Hi,

when fighting Moroes in Kara I got a strange problem with the displayed target classes for him and for his adds.

Moroes himself is being shown as a warrior, although he should be classified as rogue.
3 of his adds were displayed as paladins, although the Baroness should be shown as priest.

One of my guildmates supposed it was an issue with me using Mobhealth2 instead of 3, but I checked that and the version looks good.

Any ideas what addon is responsible for that (if not Mobhealth)? I could go and see if there's an update maybe.

I am using the German client with the latest Mazzle version.

Kind regards,
Tweetor
Discord Unit Frames. My guess is that it's correct. WoW often has odd class designations for mobs.

You can type

/dump UnitClass("target")

to see what WoW actually returns. That's where DUF gets its information. As far as I know, people use the name and visual appearance in the Moroes fight to see which type of add it is.
08-02-07, 03:31 PM   #190
Killien Marxs
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Mixmaster

I had this problem with Itemrack on my first install of 1.1, try to re mazzify just the look and feel and perhaps just change the skin. I did that and haven't had any problems with any of my other characters.
08-02-07, 11:57 PM   #191
tweetor
A Murloc Raider

Discord Unit Frames. My guess is that it's correct. WoW often has odd class designations for mobs.

You can type

/dump UnitClass("target")
Okay, I will try that. Thank you!

to see what WoW actually returns. That's where DUF gets its information. As far as I know, people use the name and visual appearance in the Moroes fight to see which type of add it is.
They eyes of a dwarven holy pally at maxrange are quite bad
08-05-07, 01:38 AM   #192
loudambiance
A Kobold Labourer
Flight Master

When ever I talk to a flight master to travel somewhere, I get an empty map with no flight points on it.
08-05-07, 03:36 PM   #193
SirQuester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tried setting up the UI for my warlock alt. The last button to push that reloads the ui and sets everything up wouldn't show up. The following errors occurred:

[2007/08/05 17:28:56-206-x5]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:122: attempt to call method 'SetScale' (a nil value)

[2007/08/05 17:30:41-206-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:130: attempt to call method 'SetScale' (a nil value)
08-05-07, 05:42 PM   #194
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SirQuester
Tried setting up the UI for my warlock alt. The last button to push that reloads the ui and sets everything up wouldn't show up. The following errors occurred:

[2007/08/05 17:28:56-206-x5]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:122: attempt to call method 'SetScale' (a nil value)

[2007/08/05 17:30:41-206-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:130: attempt to call method 'SetScale' (a nil value)
Did you change versions of ClearFont or something?
08-05-07, 08:29 PM   #195
Haloth
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having trouble bringing up cartographer on all but 2 of my characters. whether i click the map or hotkey it has no visual even though the frame is there ( after i bring it up i dont see the map but cant click anything on the screen where it would be). ive tried disabling mods and remazzlfying but nothing gets it working again.
08-05-07, 09:11 PM   #196
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
open your map and hold shift (I think it's shift) while scrolling with the mousewheel. This will fix your transparency issue.

08-06-07, 05:53 AM   #197
Echuir
A Murloc Raider
After updating Fubar Mailfu I no longer have the icon on the drop down bar and the addon will not load. It says it will enable at next load. I have loaded about 10 times now and still it says this. I have updated all the ACE items that the new version requires and I have no errors in the bugsack.

FuBar_MailFu-r9603 is the version that I have installed. I installed this to get the mail notification to work properly as this is supposed to fix it.

Last edited by Echuir : 08-06-07 at 06:12 AM.
08-06-07, 10:34 AM   #198
moralsin
A Murloc Raider
Question

hey mazz, well my problem is that since ive re-installed your UI (witch is amazing by the way)riad chat and local defense chat isnt working in battlegrounds. i can see what everybody else is typing except for when i send a message it says nothing. is there somthing im missing?anyways thanks in advance
08-06-07, 11:03 AM   #199
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Cartographer Oddity with MacAceUpdater

Folks with Cartographer issues,

When I updated Cart with the MacAceUpdater, I noted that Cart is updated in a single folder called Cartographer in my AddOns folder. Within that folder are the additional Cart AddOns that are found loose in the AddOns folder with MazzleUI.

If you have that symptom, move the folders in /AddOns/Cartographer/ to /AddOns; leave the files alone!

This fixed every Cart prob I had and, with a current Ace update, I have no errors in my BugSack!

Woot!

--Mort

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde
08-06-07, 11:44 AM   #200
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
@Mortlach: There is a batch file in your Cart folder. Run that and it will move the folders/rename them for you.

@moralsin: There is no raid or local defense chat in battlegrounds. Type /bg to talk in battlegrounds chat.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bug Report Thread