06-18-07, 08:00 PM   #1
slvrtounge
A Murloc Raider
Is it possible?

I am long time user of the Cosmos Ui and have just recently found Mazzle. I just love Mazzle, but the issue i have is that my wife and son do not. They are so used to Cosmos and so against change. I have tried loading all the folders for both ui's and then editing the add ons for each char in the char select screen. That works fine if i turn off all the Mazzle stuff and my wifes and sons char work fine and they have Cosmos. The issue starts when I try to turn off all of the Cosmos ui and leave only the Mazzle ones working. What happens is that when i do that then load char it will load about 3/4 of the way and disconnect server. I figured maybe I didn't allocate enough memory to the ui's so i went back to the addons and the little window that allocates memory is gone.

1. Is what I"m trying to do possible?
2 If possible is there a list of just the Mazzle addon I need to make this work?
06-18-07, 08:57 PM   #2
slvrtounge
A Murloc Raider
I took your advice and that's what I'm doing. But is there anyway to allocate more memory if that little window in the char select addons isn't there? Im still trying to find a way to make it work my way :}
06-18-07, 09:34 PM   #3
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Memory is allocated as needed now. This was a change implemented by Blizzard in 2.1. If you want you can 'artifically' inflate it through your "config.wtf" file. I advise against this as it seems to cause more harm then good, but theres a line in there for memory allocated.
06-18-07, 09:35 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's no need to bash other packages. You can save that stuff for other forums, Dreadlorde.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 06-18-07 at 09:38 PM.
06-19-07, 08:16 AM   #5
rasoft2000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Solution

A simple solution could be to create a batch file to just rename the interface and WTF folders each time any of you plays wow.

2 batches would be needed one for you and one for your wife and kid so all of you can have their addons or install/update more addons without worrying about the other one and could be made even transparent to each other if made properly.
06-19-07, 11:15 AM   #6
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Since as of a recent patch memory allocation is automatic, You shouldn't need to inflate that. Switching folders is probably your best bet, since if I'm not mistaken there are a couple addons which both cosmos and mazzleUI happen to use. I'm not sure, it's been a while since I checked. I'm sure though there are some addons that if not configured properly for mazzle, tend to pop out error after error until its fixed.
06-19-07, 03:43 PM   #7
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The game edits how much memory you sue as you log in and load the game btw. So changing the file does nothing.
06-20-07, 06:21 PM   #8
slvrtounge
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for all the help. I have been switching files, and that seems to work for now.
06-20-07, 06:42 PM   #9
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
HDs are cheap

Hard drives are cheap - I'd make a separate user for you and run a copy of WoW with Mazzle UI there.

Switch users when you want.... You'll have an extra DL and patch on patch day (unless you DL and apply patches manually like some of us like to do....)

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde
06-20-07, 09:45 PM   #10
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You can also setup a per user folder, IE they have to log onto the computer and when they do they have their own WTF and Interface folders. Its what I do to keep people that come over from complaining when they steal my computer (yeah they are ingrates, I know).
06-21-07, 08:54 AM   #11
slvrtounge
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for all the advice. Good news is I'm slowly converting my family over to Mazzle. They played all last night with it and are liking it. You guys are great.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Is it possible?