05-16-07, 04:36 AM   #1
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Mazzle 2.0

So, I've read elsewhere on the forums that you (Mazzlefizz) are planning to update/revise Mazzle UI. Any chance that you could give us a sneak peek at what you have implemented or have planned for it?
05-16-07, 08:13 PM   #2
rhylin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
please see any other post with the words Mazzle, Update, or 2.0 in the title.
05-17-07, 02:56 PM   #3
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Could you be more specific? I've seen some threads referring to a 1.11 version but not specifics about what Mazzle is hoping to include.
05-17-07, 05:16 PM   #4
rhylin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
to summarize what Mazzle has said so far

"I'll get to it when I get to it"
or
"Stop bothering me about an update"
or even
"If you #$%#ers don't leave me alone, I'm not putting out an update"

not his exact words, but its what I'm inferring
05-17-07, 09:28 PM   #5
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by rhylin
to summarize what Mazzle has said so far

"I'll get to it when I get to it"
or
"Stop bothering me about an update"
or even
"If you #$%#ers don't leave me alone, I'm not putting out an update"

not his exact words, but its what I'm inferring
Funny, I've yet to see him say anything of that sort. He's repeatedly said the same thing: He IS working on an update, which he as of yet cannot give us an ETA on. He has less time to work on the project of late, and with the loss of Tigerheart and the negative public reactions he has received since the day of release has not has the enthusiasm for things that he once had. That said, he has said many times that an update IS in the works, and you will get it when you get it.
05-18-07, 12:43 AM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Therok
Funny, I've yet to see him say anything of that sort. He's repeatedly said the same thing: He IS working on an update, which he as of yet cannot give us an ETA on. He has less time to work on the project of late, and with the loss of Tigerheart and the negative public reactions he has received since the day of release has not has the enthusiasm for things that he once had. That said, he has said many times that an update IS in the works, and you will get it when you get it.
That's pretty spot on. As to Rhylin's characterization, I can only *sigh*.
05-18-07, 06:24 AM   #7
griffin224
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Angry Omgwtfbbq

Mazz, we all love you, your UI, and your countless hours of effort for OTHER players. I for one feel Ry should know who/what the hell he is talking about before he opens his mouth. As for "negative" reactions - if you don't like the UI, don't use it and quit *****ing. Mazz spends probably MOST of his free time making WoW a more enjoyable place for the rest of us with an AWESOME UI. I for one was heartbroken when 2.0 broke Mazzle and overjoyed at it's resurrection, so Mazz, anything you need, just let me know...

As for the loss of Tigerheart, he was an assett to the WoW community and will be missed. I won't lie and say that it gets better, but it does get easier.

*hands soapbox to Mazz*
05-18-07, 10:28 AM   #8
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

That's pretty spot on. As to Rhylin's characterization, I can only *sigh*.
Thanks for the clarification. I've been a user of the ui for some time now and have found it to be without parrallel. Unfortunately, it's becoming less stable for me as time wears on. I suspect this is partially due to incompatibilities introduced through Blizz patching and partially because I've had to update a few mods (BigWigs/KTM and a couple of other non-mazzle-modified mods) to make them more useful in Karazhan. I'm sad to say that the lack of udates is likely to force me away from Mazzle in the near future. I'm not saying this as a means of engendering an ETA or update, just expressing a concern that I suspect is shared by a number of Mazzle users.

I can certainly appreciate the amount of effort that has gone into this UI and can understand the demands on your time, especially with the loss of Tigerheart, must have become unreasonable now. Anyway, good luck with the update: I'll shall be awaiting it with antici....
...pation.
05-20-07, 07:03 AM   #9
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Detritus
...just expressing a concern that I suspect is shared by a number of Mazzle users.
Hmm. Managed to fix oCD and Antagonist. I'll post the info in case any1 else is having probs.
05-22-07, 02:25 AM   #10
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
i ahve yet to have any problems with it but as yet i have not used it in a raid and only used it since TBC launch.

But in my mind it is without equal and i thank you for all the work you have put into it. I dread to think how much time it must take.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle 2.0