05-10-07, 03:26 PM   #1
eomer
A Theradrim Guardian

Question Need help in optimizing addons I use

I need some advice on optimizing add-ons I use.
Maybe some of them are doing the same things? Or there are ones with same functions, but less memory use? Any advice is welcome.
I play priest most, but also mage, rogue, hunter and druid a little.

PS
1. Ag unitframs and x-parl are both there intentionally - I prefer ag, while my sister uses x-perl
2. Group calendar and GEM are there both as our guild tests which add-on to choose (maybe you can recommend some other one for planning runs and events?)

05-10-07, 05:38 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Shouldn't need bongos and bartender3. pick one.

I would recommend giving up atlas and gatherer in favor of Cartographer (and its various plugins).

Auctioneer (and Informant in particular, imo) is a great tool, but it (and its dependencies) uses ALOT of memory (especially as your saved variables file gets big), so set it to only load when you go to the AH (and re-load your UI when you leave the AH) or get rid of it and just use Fence.

Its been a long time since i've used any of the CT mods, but i think Cartographer would eliminate CT_MapMod, Postal almost definitely removes the need for CT_MailMod and, since you're running FuBar, I'd likely recommend AuditorFu over CT_ExpenseHistory and MoneyFu. CTCore provides some nice functionality, but you could probably get whatever you are using in it from other mod(s) with a lower overhead.

I don't think you need EquipCompare and EQCompare both. pick one.

Dump both ag_unitframes and x-perl and get Pitbull.

Dump the Monkey suite and use FuBar equivalents and nQuestLog.

i'm obviously not familiar with every mod there and someone will almost undoubtedly come along and claim everything i said is wrong, but hey....my advice is at least worth what you paid for it.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help in optimizing addons I use