04-28-07, 07:13 PM   #1
OnTheHissay
A Fallenroot Satyr
ag_Uf removing my characters name/class/race etc.

This has happend to several of my characters. On some just my name on my main character frame, on some just removed the name of my target.. and on some removed everything name related. What am I missing here?
04-28-07, 07:30 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
check the options, see if you can turn them on/off, if so, turn them back on.

also, a lot of ace addons have been acting weird because libraries are getting updated and beta tested for WoW 2.1

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

Last edited by Thargos : 04-28-07 at 09:01 PM.
04-28-07, 08:12 PM   #3
Ratan
A Defias Bandit
I'm having the same problems, here is what it looks like (with myself targeted):

I have checked my settings, tried to turn them on/off, but nothing I do seems to bring the name(on health bar) and level/class(on mana bar) back.
04-28-07, 09:01 PM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll look into this, now I want to now what's doing it

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
04-28-07, 09:44 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You could try deleting your saved variables for ag_UF... If that doesn't work, or if you're getting errors in addition to this behavior, make sure you have the latest versions of all your ace addons and libraries from www.wowace.com/files .
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-29-07, 05:57 AM   #6
Ratan
A Defias Bandit
I ended up resetting the profile and configuring it again.
05-02-07, 04:21 AM   #7
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

This exact same thing happened to me, and oddly enough, the cause was that the width of the Health text somehow "set itself" to 200, which basically overlapped the name of your target. If you reduce it to 0, it will show both the name and the health of your target (or any other frame that's doing it).

Edit: i would assume it'd be the same issue with your mana text too.
05-02-07, 08:29 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, they way that ag_UF is set up, it allows you to set a width for the different text fields so you can change how much of that field you see. If you have a target with a long name and tons of health, they will overlap. By increasing the width of the health text field, you won't get their health cut off.

Each frame (player, target, etc) has a set width (you can make it wider in options). Let's pretend that I have a target frame with width of 200, the portrait takes up 50, name is set to 50, but somehow you increase the health text field to have a width of 175. It would look like this:

|-------------frame width--------------------------|
|--portrait--||---name---|
.........|------------------health text----------------|

Health text overlays name text, since it has greater priority. In the above example, the width of your health text is set so that it completely covers up (or pushes off) your name text - it even spreads into your portrait region (though I don't think you'd ever get numbers over your portrait).

What you need to do is shorten the width of your health text. You can also play with the options for your health text to get a display that works for you - the wiki page for ag_UF on wowace.com has a listing of what you can use in the custom field to set it up your own way.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-04-07, 12:04 AM   #9
slice3
A Cliff Giant

i have also a question:
i tried to use mobhealth3 with and without blizzard frame. i see it collecting the data, i have a whole list of mob's health but unfortunately i can't see it in my interface at the target's info.

if i try to use ag_UIframes (or something like this, i don't remember right now the exact name of this add-on) i'm able to show the mob's health but i loose the blizzard like unit frame.

how can i solve my problem to have both: bliz like unit frame and also the healt of the mob's.

thank you.
05-04-07, 02:15 AM   #10
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I remember seeing a mod that puts the info into the blizzard frame about six months ago, but for the life of me I can't remember where... I do have a stupid question though, Why do you want to keep the default blizz frames?
05-04-07, 05:07 AM   #11
slice3
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Ratheri
I do have a stupid question though, Why do you want to keep the default blizz frames?
) maybe it's totaly stupid what i'll say, but i like much more round things instead of squares.
maybe is just a habit of mine.

and of course i'll loose the nice dragons on elite mob's
05-04-07, 05:40 AM   #12
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Mobhealth3 *does* show health on your target's info in the default Blizzard unit frames. I was using Mobhealth3 before I downloaded ag_UnitFrames, and it showed the health just fine. You likely need to set up some options if it's not showing for you, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
05-04-07, 09:04 AM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There are TWO versions of MobHealth3. I'm not sure on the exact coding reason behind this, but there it is. For Blizzard frames you want the one entitled "MobHealth3 - Blizzard Frames". You can get the latest of both from www.wowace.com/files

05-05-07, 06:58 AM   #14
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

D'oh! Forgot about that. Sorry ^_^;;

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » ag_Uf removing my characters name/class/race etc.