04-22-07, 12:54 PM   #1
plevys
A Kobold Labourer
Fubar 2.0 not working

I extracted the latest Fubar 2.0, Bagfu and Locationfu and nothing works. I extracted the folders to the add-on directory and checked that they are there. In the game I click on the add-on button and they all show installed and up to date. When I enter the game the interface looks the same with no extra buttons or features. What am I doing wrong?
04-24-07, 02:15 PM   #2
Samuel
A Defias Bandit
Trouble with latest update

Do we have a similar problem ?

I installed the latest version of Fubar with several plugg-ins, the pluggins are not displayed, they are shown in the menu when I right-click my bar but I cannot have their icon displayed on the bar.

Although not shown on my bar, the Pluggins are working (i.e. AutoRepair is behaving as usual but I'm unable to display the icon on the menu bar)
04-24-07, 02:22 PM   #3
asengul
A Murloc Raider
if you switch from your profile to another and back to your's you will see everything displayed correctly

the issue is there are library conflicts going on, the developer of bagfu and maybe others have made releases with newer libs, while fubar still uses older ones and they never told anyone about the change when they made a release of it
04-24-07, 02:30 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For the most recent versions of (most) Ace mods (note: most recent sometimes means beta) go to www.wowace.com/files
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-24-07, 09:00 PM   #5
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I agree, fubar has some issues with profiles. only way im able to do anything is to select Other, then give it a name, and organize my layout, then log out... then it's saved, but logging back in and making more changes will not be saved to that named profile, but to your character
I do hope that fubar gets a profile thing, where it lets you save as you go.
04-25-07, 10:55 AM   #6
Samuel
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by asengul
if you switch from your profile to another and back to your's you will see everything displayed correctly
You're certainly right, I unfortunately choose to use the reset interface option instead of switching profile, but the result was the same and now all the pluggins are properly displayed.

Thanks for your help anyway
04-25-07, 12:45 PM   #7
asengul
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tweeker
I agree, fubar has some issues with profiles. only way im able to do anything is to select Other, then give it a name, and organize my layout, then log out... then it's saved, but logging back in and making more changes will not be saved to that named profile, but to your character
I do hope that fubar gets a profile thing, where it lets you save as you go.

actually the better thing is for the base fubar plugin to have all the libs in fubar and any special ones that only one fubar plugin needs, go into that directory. the other option is to make a fubar_lbs dir that all the libs can be tossed into

it's just bad coding habits to have 5 copies of the same library loaded by 5 different plugins, when the same can be done with one in a different dir and it's just called by the plugin
04-25-07, 02:24 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by asengul
actually the better thing is for the base fubar plugin to have all the libs in fubar and any special ones that only one fubar plugin needs, go into that directory. the other option is to make a fubar_lbs dir that all the libs can be tossed into

it's just bad coding habits to have 5 copies of the same library loaded by 5 different plugins, when the same can be done with one in a different dir and it's just called by the plugin
Unless the author of a FuBar plugin feels differently and sets FuBar as a required dependency, FuBar plugins do NOT require FuBar to be installed to be able to use them. Libs are included with plugins so that they can be used as standalone addons. They would then be attached to your minimap.

As I have mentioned several times in the past on these boards, WoW only loads one version of a library - and checks to make sure it loads the latest. I really suggest you read this: http://wowace.com/wiki/Ace2_Memory_Concerns

The libraries have been going through some changes lately to get ready for 2.1 - if the latest library you have is one that's been tweaked, WoW will load this one. If a bug is found in it, then it can interfere with other addons that access it. There have been fixes/updates almost daily to the libraries lately.

That said, no piece of code is entirely bug-free. Look at WoW. Or Windows. Just be glad that the authors are taking time out of their schedules to voluntarily provide you with something free of service and know that most authors genuinely care about whether their addons work or not and will fix things as they are able to. If you truly feel that an addon gives you headaches and the mod author doesn't fix things as quickly as you want them to, then feel free to find a new addon. Or write your own perfect piece of code.

Edit: asengul: feel free to switch to standalone libs, also - I already wrote up instructions in the other thread where we had this discussion. If you feel so strongly about your libraries.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Fubar 2.0 not working