03-21-07, 02:39 PM   #1
NeedaQ
A Defias Bandit
Bongo problem

Hey guys,

I've just downloaded and installed the Bongo Actionsbars. I also configured it and everything was fine. But when I'm restarting my WoW the menu bar (wherein "Character", "Flist" and so on is placed) is placed in the top left corner, but it i meant to be under my bag bar. I will add a pic and I hope you can help me to solve the problem

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9008/bongoly2.jpg
03-21-07, 04:21 PM   #2
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
I've had a few problems with Bongos where the frames seem to move from where I put them if I do a /console reloadui or log out (to enable another addon, perhaps). I've found that I've had better luck getting things to stick where I place them if I just keep trying -- set the frame where I want it and do a reload; see if it's shifted position. If it has, rinse and repeat. Usually only take a couple of reloads to get it to stick. Might have something to do with enabling and disabling stickybars also, but I haven't really tested it. Anyway, might be worth trying.
03-21-07, 04:40 PM   #3
Naomina
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have had this problem as well, but I have a theory - I see you are using skinner. I had this problem a while ago, but I found skinner (for some reason) put the menu bar into the topleft corner. disabling skinner seemed to fix it. Hope this helps!
03-21-07, 07:48 PM   #4
bergersmate
A Defias Bandit
I had this problem also, so i deleted my whole interface and then reinstalled all my addons including skinner and its library. The last step was reinstalling Bongos, i then configured all my bars and they stayed where i put them. The only thing i have now is the bag bar shows one bag slightly out of line but Im over that. It looks and works great now.

You can see how it looks here: http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?i...crnshotax7.jpg

Last edited by bergersmate : 03-21-07 at 08:17 PM.
03-21-07, 09:19 PM   #5
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

same here my menu bar will go on top like yours. i have not saw though if skinner is the problem (i took it off like two days ago) so ill see now.

i might look into using a diff bar mod but i like how bongos is very easy to set up.
03-22-07, 06:04 AM   #6
NeedaQ
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for your answers. I will try to disable Skinner or maybe even to reinstall my whole interface :/
03-22-07, 06:33 AM   #7
Hellraiser
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yo dont have to disable Skinner, just disable skinning for menu bar
03-22-07, 06:36 AM   #8
blay
An Aku'mai Servant
Bartender3 is an alternative worth looking into. I tried Bongos and had a helluva time setting it up the way I wanted it. I then read about Bartender3 here on the forums, gave it a shot, and haven't looked back. Very easy to set up, imho. Either way, good luck.
03-23-07, 03:25 PM   #9
NeedaQ
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by blay
Bartender3 is an alternative worth looking into. I tried Bongos and had a helluva time setting it up the way I wanted it. I then read about Bartender3 here on the forums, gave it a shot, and haven't looked back. Very easy to set up, imho. Either way, good luck.
Tried out Bartender3 before and I have to say, it's just crap. Bongos is much better.
03-23-07, 03:30 PM   #10
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by NeedaQ
Tried out Bartender3 before and I have to say, it's just crap. Bongos is much better.

And what is wrong with bartender3? How is it "crap"?

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
03-23-07, 03:35 PM   #11
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Hellraiser
yo dont have to disable Skinner, just disable skinning for menu bar
Did everyone miss this response? Problem solved - no need to nuke your addons, change bar mods, reinstall windows, move to another city, or change religions.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bongo problem