03-14-07, 03:31 AM   #1
Finx
A Murloc Raider
Viewports? [Skinner, Sunnart, etc]

Hiyo ^.^,

I'm in a bit of a fizzle here.

Being a big fan of bottom-bar mods, I started off with using Skinner, which I thought was great. However, the one-color gradient for the bar got a bit boring.. so I seeked out a textured bar.

That's when I found Sunnart. The textures were excellent, BUT - there's something different with the viewport than Skinner. With Skinner, the bar just covers a part of the screen, whereas with Sunnart, the bar actually replaces the screen, moving the view area upwards. Is there any way around it, or another mod that does not do this?

THANKS! ^_^

Last edited by Finx : 03-14-07 at 04:50 AM.
03-14-07, 06:11 AM   #2
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If Sunnart is anythign like XArt, then you shoudl be able to disable the viewport function with a command. I suggest looking thru the options for sunnart (/sunnart) to see what commands you have and if you can disable viewport. If you are unable to, I suggest trying XArt then. It does the same as Sunnart, but gives you the ability to disable the viewport function.
03-14-07, 07:42 AM   #3
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

EEpanel, ZomgBox, are two I have used and endorse.
03-14-07, 01:17 PM   #4
ReverendD

Originally Posted by PathMaster
EEpanel, ZomgBox, are two I have used and endorse.
I cant say much about EEpanels since I did not care for it, but it has the ability to assign images to each panel. ZomgBox is nice, but it gives the 2 tone gradient as opposed to images like Sunnart and XArt.
03-14-07, 01:33 PM   #5
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Also available: CT_Viewport, Discord, ElectrofluxTextronator

I have not used the above, but their proclivity is obvious.
03-14-07, 11:25 PM   #6
Farook
A Molten Giant

Probabely the most simple viewport mod is "Aperture":

http://www.wowace.com/files/Aperture/

Just viewport, nothing else....
03-15-07, 12:03 AM   #7
dysphunktion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Change Log

* Added ace2 profile support. and added an option to toggle the viewport on/off.

/sunnart viewport

As to not start a whole other thread...

What, exactly, does a viewport do? I mean, what purpose does it serve? I have skinner with a top/bottom bar and I don't really see much of a difference with viewport. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.
03-15-07, 12:14 AM   #8
ReverendD

Easiest way to explain is think of a DVD movie, you have two formats, Wide Screen and Full Screen. You normally play your game in full screen, viewport allows you to make it look like Wide Screen by creating a box at the bottom of the screen. It changes the view of what you see by limiting (not entirely a correct term) a portion of it, depending on what you set it at. Try Aperature (? mispelled?) on this site with no other bottom addons and play with the settings. You will see soon enough what it does.
03-15-07, 01:04 AM   #9
Lacindas
An Aku'mai Servant
could someone please post a link to Sunnart, I would like to check it out, used all the other mods above and they are all, indeed, very nice. It's really a matter of prefference as to what you use, hence my searching for Sunnart to try, to no avail. lol
03-15-07, 01:12 AM   #10
dysphunktion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files...-viewport-art/

That is the latest, afaik. I had just downloaded it and played with it a bit. Looking at Electroflux right now, seems promising!
03-15-07, 01:28 AM   #11
Lacindas
An Aku'mai Servant
thanks most kindly, gonna check it out
03-15-07, 04:12 AM   #12
Finx
A Murloc Raider
Hmm

So disabling the Sunnart viewport will prevent the textured bar from actually replacing my screen?
03-15-07, 09:59 AM   #13
ReverendD

Originally Posted by dysphunktion
That is the latest, afaik. I had just downloaded it and played with it a bit. Looking at Electroflux right now, seems promising!
Electroflux was fun for awhile. I used it until I decided I wanted to make my own graphics. But it is a nice little addon with little memory footprint. I find it to be like ZomgBox - it was made to do one thing, and it does it well.

Originally Posted by Finx
So disabling the Sunnart viewport will prevent the textured bar from actually replacing my screen?
No, disabling the viewport will turn off the viewport functionality only. The graphics are not part of the viewport portion of the addon.
03-15-07, 10:07 AM   #14
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by dysphunktion
What, exactly, does a viewport do? I mean, what purpose does it serve? I have skinner with a top/bottom bar and I don't really see much of a difference with viewport. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.
It changes the size of the rendered world so you don't miss anything. Basically, it makes it so you can still see EVERYTHING that is rendered in the 3D world, and still put large solid bottom bars, side bars and top bars. You don't cover anything that's happening up with UI junk.

Supposedly, it helps with frame rates as well, but I can't comment on that.
03-15-07, 10:22 AM   #15
blay
An Aku'mai Servant
Off-topic (and probably stupid) question, but how do I add that large bottom bar that I see in so many UI's? would like to give it a try.
03-16-07, 12:03 AM   #16
dysphunktion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by blay
Off-topic (and probably stupid) question, but how do I add that large bottom bar that I see in so many UI's? would like to give it a try.
There are a few options for that. I use Skinner myself. Very simple to use and customize. It also lets you do a top bar! Wooty! But Sunnart will do it too..
03-16-07, 06:02 AM   #17
blay
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks, I'll look into them.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Viewports? [Skinner, Sunnart, etc]