03-06-07, 08:05 PM   #361
Curumtiny
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem but today I am unable to complete the install on brand new characters I created today. I have tried it on both a newly created Paladin and Priest. Both times I did not get the Mazzlefication pop up with all the options. So I opened it up thru fubar. I chose all the options I wanted go to the last page and press the Mazzle Me button. It starts doing some of the addon setings then stops. I do not get the option to reload the UI button that is located in the middle of the cute Gnome when UI is done loading the settings. Not sure if this is related but the bug I have is as follows:

[2007/03/06 19:54:15-222-x1]: MazzleUI-1.0\MazzleUI_Utilities.lua:148: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
[2007/03/06 19:51:42-222-x1]: SmartBuff-v2.0iDev1\SmartBuff.lua:781: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Thanks.

EDIT** I Fixed the issue when I had made it so WOW Would not load up Shaman friend, Stormstrike, and Totum add ons. It allowed me to properlly mazzlegasm the UI.

Last edited by Curumtiny : 03-06-07 at 11:55 PM.

03-06-07, 09:19 PM   #362
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Progged
First of all, my sincere thanks for putting together one of the nicest compilations I have ever seen. This is easily the cleanest, most intense setup I have used.

For background - I've used Smart buff/Debuff for at least a month prior to installing Mazzle, so I am very familiar with the mod.

I am not getting any type of alert when something can be cleansed (playing a paladin) on my character (where I would prior to installing Mazzle). I have the smart debuff frame visible at all times as well. Could this be due to the combat log mod?

Would it be ok to dump Smartbuff/debuff and re-install or did you mod these as well to work with your compilation?
I can confirm that I'm having a similar issue with Smart Debuff. It just doesn't seem to update very often, and in some cases, minutes pass without an update (swapped a party member out and 3 minutes later the old member was still listed). Same thing when I decurse...it doesn't update. The interval is set to 0.5s, so not sure what's up. Remazzified just that addon with no effect. I will say though that if I close the Smart Debuff window and reopen it, it's current as of that point.

03-07-07, 12:08 AM   #363
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by iljott
This might have been the case with a previous version of MazzleUI. Iirc during Mazzification it would ask to load the missing addons - one of which was Monkey Quest. I'll check if it still happens in the 1.01 version of MazzleUI though.
You'll still get that warning, but it has always had a "Go ahead, anyway" option.

03-07-07, 12:09 AM   #364
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Progged
First of all, my sincere thanks for putting together one of the nicest compilations I have ever seen. This is easily the cleanest, most intense setup I have used.

For background - I've used Smart buff/Debuff for at least a month prior to installing Mazzle, so I am very familiar with the mod.

I am not getting any type of alert when something can be cleansed (playing a paladin) on my character (where I would prior to installing Mazzle). I have the smart debuff frame visible at all times as well. Could this be due to the combat log mod?

Would it be ok to dump Smartbuff/debuff and re-install or did you mod these as well to work with your compilation?
I have barely used smart debuff myself. Other than positioning the frame, I don't do anything to it. You should be able to update it easily. Just don't remazzify the settings for it, in case things have changed.

03-07-07, 07:28 AM   #365
levend
A Murloc Raider
it is a great addon, but im having some problems with it...

First of all as Yotochi and Nikita mentioned, when i log off, wow crashes and ga screen comes up. . i deleted all the addons, and intalled Mazzle UI, and it continues to give this error so im pretty sure Mazzle is the reason.

secondly, i cant see Name Tags on people and npcs, i read the topic about it, so i tried what people suggested, but it only gives me health bar above people. and when someone speaks it shows only an empty talking bubble above his head, tho i can read what he says on chat log.

and finally, i couldnt find how to edit contect menu, buttons on it seems empty for me all the time.

Hope u can help me on these problems, and thanx for u to make a great addon...

03-07-07, 09:09 AM   #366
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by levend
First of all as Yotochi and Nikita mentioned, when i log off, wow crashes and ga screen comes up. i deleted all the addons, and intalled Mazzle UI, and it continues to give this error so im pretty sure Mazzle is the reason.
I wouldn't look at any package as entity and blame it for a particular error. That kind of generalization will just make it harder for you to really figure out what's going on. (If you want to say something about the Mazzle add-ons in particular, you should disable all other add-ons other than the ones that start with Mazzle and the required dependencies and start troubleshooting there.)

Anyway, looks like you're on a Mac. Several other mac users have reported similar problems when logging out. I'd suggest looking in the Mac thread. I can't really help with issues I can't recreate. And -132 errors are about as generic as they come.

secondly, i cant see Name Tags on people and npcs, i read the topic about it, so i tried what people suggested, but it only gives me health bar above people. and when someone speaks it shows only an empty talking bubble above his head, tho i can read what he says on chat log.
Those healthbars are nameplates. You cannot have both them and name tags on at the same time. It sounds like you just turned on more than what you wanted.

and finally, i couldnt find how to edit contect menu, buttons on it seems empty for me all the time.
My guess is you chose the circular buttons options. As documented in the known issues list as well as right next to the checkbox in the installer that you marked to get it installed, the version of cyCircled included with MazzleUI is not compatible with the context menu buttons. You can either disable cyCircled or download a more recent version of it which is compatible.

03-07-07, 09:25 AM   #367
levend
A Murloc Raider
actually i use a pc but i read the mac issues, someone mentioned that font addon causes the problem, i did closed that addon, and i have my name tags back and my chat bubles are working...

03-07-07, 12:59 PM   #368
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I have barely used smart debuff myself. Other than positioning the frame, I don't do anything to it. You should be able to update it easily. Just don't remazzify the settings for it, in case things have changed.
Ok, I see what's going on. If you have SmartDebuff enabled in the efficiency modes to come on (for Party for example), when you enter that mode it will pop up and work fine and update (I previously had it disabled for all modes, choosing to manually use it when I wanted). However, if SmartDebuff is not currently displayed and you just Alt-Click the SmartBuff button to bring it up, it will NOT update. You can test this by just using /afk and your character block in the window should update fine if the Debuff window was opened by Mazzle, but not if you opened it manually. It may work fine if you open it manually *and* it's enabled for that efficiency mode (maybe you closed it by accident), but I forgot to test that before logging off.

03-07-07, 01:49 PM   #369
Azalyn
A Murloc Raider
Having this problem too.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I'm confused. Were you also originally trying to set it via a different sraid option in DeuceCommander? And why are you trying to switch from class view to group view? By default, it should be by group. If you couldn't figure out how to change it, how did you get it into class in the first place?

Also, I'm curious. Where does the ninth group show up when you have group by class?

I have tried setting up my raid layouts too. I cannot get it to change in any form. When I use the DeuceCommander addon, I select show by group, show by class, everything. I've tried in and out of combat, i've tried setting it before and during the raid. The setup for 40-man raiding isn't showing up very well either. Wrong positioning. I tried a Clean install, nothing. I'm kinda frustrated, but i did manage to manually move and set up groups. Hard to get 9 Class groups in there, but I got it. I've also tried the predefined layouts and they do not change anything either.

I'm running at 1152x864 Resolution,
Full Mazzle Install, All options On.

03-07-07, 02:54 PM   #370
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkive
Ok, I see what's going on. If you have SmartDebuff enabled in the efficiency modes to come on (for Party for example), when you enter that mode it will pop up and work fine and update (I previously had it disabled for all modes, choosing to manually use it when I wanted). However, if SmartDebuff is not currently displayed and you just Alt-Click the SmartBuff button to bring it up, it will NOT update. You can test this by just using /afk and your character block in the window should update fine if the Debuff window was opened by Mazzle, but not if you opened it manually. It may work fine if you open it manually *and* it's enabled for that efficiency mode (maybe you closed it by accident), but I forgot to test that before logging off.
Yeah, that makes sense. The efficiency mode calls SmartDebuff's disable function when turning it off for a mode. Unless the normal showing mechanism is not possible when disabled, it might be a reasonable suggestion to the author that there is some visual indication of whether it's disabled.

03-07-07, 02:58 PM   #371
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Azalyn
I have tried setting up my raid layouts too. I cannot get it to change in any form. When I use the DeuceCommander addon, I select show by group, show by class, everything. I've tried in and out of combat, i've tried setting it before and during the raid. The setup for 40-man raiding isn't showing up very well either. Wrong positioning. I tried a Clean install, nothing. I'm kinda frustrated, but i did manage to manually move and set up groups. Hard to get 9 Class groups in there, but I got it. I've also tried the predefined layouts and they do not change anything either.

I'm running at 1152x864 Resolution,
Full Mazzle Install, All options On.
I know there's another group/class type setting in there that's a little confusing. I remember somebody else couldn't get it to work b/c they were choosing the wrong one. Just make sure to follow the workaround in the known issues list exactly. It has to be set by group for the layouts to work correctly.

03-07-07, 04:44 PM   #372
rcokely
A Defias Bandit
In Mana Tombs on the last boss, the orbs surrounding him called Ethereal Beacons do not show up in the little "Cave" at the bottom of the screen.

03-08-07, 08:50 AM   #373
blakjak
A Murloc Raider
it is a great addon, but im having some problems with it...

First of all as Yotochi and Nikita mentioned, when i log off, wow crashes and ga screen comes up. . i deleted all the addons, and intalled Mazzle UI, and it continues to give this error so im pretty sure Mazzle is the reason.

I'm having identical issues with logging off, the Name Tags, and the chat bubbles. If I turn off all the addons the issues goes away. I also noticed that if I re-mazzify the issues will go away for a short time but then return.

Like everyone else have already said, this is one great UI. The best I've seen or used so far.

03-08-07, 10:29 AM   #374
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by blakjak
I'm having identical issues with logging off, the Name Tags, and the chat bubbles. If I turn off all the addons the issues goes away. I also noticed that if I re-mazzify the issues will go away for a short time but then return.

Like everyone else have already said, this is one great UI. The best I've seen or used so far.
What's your memory for addons set at? Have you tried bumping it up a little?

03-08-07, 10:38 AM   #375
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The fact that remazzifying takes away your problem for a short-while, makes me think the same thing Arkive is suggesting. It may be an issue of memory if resetting the add-on's settings clears it up, but only temporarily. You may want to especially mindful of add-ons that take a lot of memory like damage and threat meters. You could try one of the small install sets or answering no to more optional add-on questions.

Another posted above seemed to indicate that a user had chat bubble problem using alternate fonts. That seems like an unlikely cause to me, but I suppose it's worth a shot. You could try deleting the installed fonts. But perhaps increasing your memory or looking for other memory-related sources is a better initial approach.

03-08-07, 03:57 PM   #376
blakjak
A Murloc Raider
I've tried it at different memory settings, from the default of 45, up to 75, then at 0 (allowing WoW to use as much as it needs). I have not tried deleting the fonts. I'll do that when I can and let you know.

03-08-07, 05:43 PM   #377
levend
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by blakjak

mate i solved all of my issues by deleting clearfonts addon, now i dont have any issues...

03-08-07, 07:56 PM   #378
blakjak
A Murloc Raider
mate i solved all of my issues by deleting clearfonts addon, now i dont have any issues...
That did it. Thanks for the help everyone!!

03-10-07, 05:03 PM   #379
Sabrynn
A Kobold Labourer

Just to reiterate the druid issue, since I'm still having it and haven't actually seen anything that's been suggested work for me...

Bear Form switching works fine set up in Bongos. When I change the bear stance to change only by one page in the setup, it properly switches to the cat form bar.

Cat form does not switch any bars, no matter what pages I have set to switch however many times. I've tried numerically up to 12 pages for switching. However, the cat bar DOES exist and as been populated by the Mazzle set-up, as I see it when I switch to my travel form, which I have NO stance set up for in the Bongos menu. When I do try to set up a stance in the Bongos menu for the travel form and have it switch to a different page, it still switches by only the one page to the cat form, instead of the 2 pages I just set up to tell it to switch to the bear bar.

Yes, I can put the binding in to manually switch pages and shift-arrow to the correct page for cat form, just inconvenient for the amount of stance changing I seem to do as a druid and solo'ing.

Yes, I have tried removing the Blizzard Key Bindings to any bar switching, relogging after attempting changes, re-mazzifying, deleting the WTF and Interface folders completely and reinstalling Mazzle from a fresh download and I still encounter this issue. There are no errors reported

Oddly enough though, the warrior stances work perfectly for me in the Mazzle version of Bongos, which they didn't before in the version of Bongos I had before trying Mazzle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

03-10-07, 05:50 PM   #380
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't play a shifting class. They've always worked for me while testing them. And the suggestions seem to work for others. My only comment is that there is not supposed to be any bar changing going on when you switch to travel form. The fact that you said it is switching seems wrong. Perhaps that has something to do with your problem.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Bug Report Thread OLD