02-12-07, 09:10 AM   #461
Syrana
A Murloc Raider
Hi, thank you for this wonderful UI. I've been making a lot of modifications and have hit one annoyance with Bongos. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Bongos itself or its interaction with MazzleUI settings, here goes:

Whenever I change certain settings for my bongos bars (e.g. in particular, if I increase the number of buttons for a bar), the bars suddenly reset themselves to the default position and default buttons. In other words, everytime I make certain modifications to my bars, I lose all my other changes. Is there a way to avoid this?

02-12-07, 09:16 AM   #462
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Syrana
Hi, thank you for this wonderful UI. I've been making a lot of modifications and have hit one annoyance with Bongos. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Bongos itself or its interaction with MazzleUI settings, here goes:

Whenever I change certain settings for my bongos bars (e.g. in particular, if I increase the number of buttons for a bar), the bars suddenly reset themselves to the default position and default buttons. In other words, everytime I make certain modifications to my bars, I lose all my other changes. Is there a way to avoid this?
IIRC, unfortunately this is a side effect of the changes that were made to Bongos to get them to work the way that Mazzle needed them. If you change the number of buttons for a bar they will be reset. I believe that the author of Bongos has changed how he does things quite a bit, so hopefully this will be able to be "fixed" in the future.

02-12-07, 09:27 AM   #463
ComputerUser
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by meio
In my experience, a widescreen tends to work the best... but, it seems to depend on whatever the best normal resolution for the monitor is. For example, on my notebook I run 1280x786 and my desktop runs 1280x1024, which are both the same resolutions that I run Windows on. If I change either of them to a different/lower resolution some things, especially the text, get difficult to read or even a little blurry. However, if I run them at their normal resolutions everything is crystal clear and I'm able to use the normal (small) sized font with no problems at all. If you're having problems, I'd suggest trying to figure out what aspect ratio your monitor actually is, even by measuring and calculating it if you don't know the measurements already. That way you can be sure to choose the best resolution/aspect ratio to use. On both of my systems, WoW defaulted to an 800x600 resolution upon installing, so you need to make sure that you changed that to whatever is appropriate.

If you are using the best resolution for your monitor, then I don't know that there's much that anyone can do. I can say that on both of my systems, 1280x786 and 1280x1024, everything even the text at the normal setting is crystal clear and legible.

As for the FAQ and Options screen, the text there is very small. There is a lot of information to fit in a very small place. The Options portion I can't really help with because that's only in-game, but if you need to read the faq's and can't read them in-game, assuming you didn't see the thread, I posted the faq's on the forum so that they would be easily accessible.
Thanks for the helpful post.
I will give it one more try. I'll try going higher than 1024x (I do pick the correct/closest aspect i just can't remember it). If not maybe it's my LCD TV's resolution that is the problem. SHRUG. I haven't tried it on my 19"WS LCD Monitor...

Would it be a semi-accurate assumption that this Package was intended for higher/experience players who no longer need to read the quest log and item details (good memory)? Cause some of those screens are SO tiny with the .64UI scale.

P.S. I also found a post about changing the ClearFont fonts. Hopefully someone finds a good low res font that works well with the .64scale...

Last edited by ComputerUser : 02-12-07 at 09:40 AM.

02-12-07, 09:43 AM   #464
RandomTask
A Murloc Raider
I love this UI. This is the UI that blizzard should have released with the game as far as I'm concerned.

I do have a question though, try as I might I cannot figure out how to change the size of the font in the two boxes of the lower right hand corner. I have the chat boxes figured out all right but have to squint to see the other two.

If there's a way please let me know!

02-12-07, 09:46 AM   #465
Hexe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by meio
Are you using MonkeyQuest or trying to use the default Blizzard one? MonkeyQuest automatically tracks the quests.
I'm using MonkeyQuest.

02-12-07, 09:52 AM   #466
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Hexe
I'm using MonkeyQuest.
Then just 'L', like the Blizz keybinding for the quest log will bring up MonkeyQuest. From there you don't need to choose which ones for it to track as it will keep track of all of them. I personally prefer to leave MQ open all the time, except for bg's and instances, but I change the background to fully transparent so that it doesn't block the view.

02-12-07, 09:56 AM   #467
khromat
A Defias Bandit
Unclickable Mazzle title in fuBAR?

Okay, I looked around the FAQs and didn't see this, so I'm taking the chance of posting the question here.

I'm on a MacBook Pro and while I really like the overall concept, layout, and execution of MazzleUI, I wanted to do a little extra customization (my guild uses GEM, for example).

When I mouse-over the "Mazzle" on the fuBAR, clicking gets no response... right-click or left-click.

Is this a resolvable fuBar/Mazzle issue, or is it a Mac issue?

02-12-07, 10:01 AM   #468
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by crazycorpse
Whats the timers mod that MazzleUI uses? i've disabled Antagonist but there still there
If you're wanting to disable the timers altogether you might want to check the faq. Look for the efficiency settings, or just search for "timers". If you disable them as the faq shows you should disable all of them without having to disable them individually... not to mention getting another chance to look through the faq =P

02-12-07, 10:02 AM   #469
Shampue
A Defias Bandit
What mod to modify? Auto Rez & HP Bars

Hi.

Search this thread and didn't find the question/answer I needed so I am creating a new question.

2 question I have as a priest are the Blue HP Bars & the Auto Accept Rez.

1) Blue HP Bars.
I am referring to my HP bars and the HP bars of my party members (while in a 5 man, I have not raided using Mazzle yet) Currently they are blue. I was wondering what Mod this is in the compilation so I may change the HP Bars to Yellow or Red. Also, is there a way for the HP bars to change color based on % of HP left? for instance, at 90-100% = Green, 75-89% = Yellow and 0-74% = Red?

2) Auto Accepting a Rez.
I would really like to turn this off. Sure its great on a wipe, but I foresee this being a huge issue on Battle Rezes I get from Druids in a raid encounter. Sometime we use Brezes as Ghetto Soul Stones (Ie: druid brezzes me before they die themselves and I wait till the wipe to accept) What mod is causing the auto accept, so I may turn it off.

Thanks in advance for all your help and thank you for an awesome UI package!

02-12-07, 10:08 AM   #470
Sub-Zer0
A Murloc Raider
Hello, first one, sorry for my poor english and good job for your addons.

But i have a problem with it.

After i Click the "Mazzify Me" button nothing happens, only some actions in the chat box, and after nothing else

this is a screen

What's the problem? Yesterday i wait 10minutes and nothing, i select the lower config and it s the same

I have a good pc with 2go of memory, processor AMD A64 3500+, and 6800GT VGA

If someone speak french, it will be very well ^^

Thank you for your help and sorry for my english

02-12-07, 10:10 AM   #471
jamesy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with Cartographer.
I've looked everywhere for a read me or just a list of slash commands for it.
All I want to be able to to is insert a note at say xx.xx,xx.xx and then have the arrow direct me to it. I know it can do this but how?
I also cant seem to get to click on the map and it insert waypoint or add a note?
It has a serious lack of user support imo, ive looked everywhere that ckknight has posted and can't find anything.

Can anyone help me please?

I miss Metamap.........

02-12-07, 10:19 AM   #472
darkerosxx
A Murloc Raider
Hello there,

I love the UI. It's taking me some time to get used to it and to get it completely customized the way I want it. Until I get all that done, I want to be able to switch back to my old UI settings.

I followed the instructions in the install file for changing back to your old UI, but my hotkeys were screwed. I can't figure out how to get my old hotkeys back from my original UI.

I have the old WTF folder and I thought that was where they were kept, so I checked my char's binding file and it was empty. Am I looking in the wrong place? Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

02-12-07, 10:22 AM   #473
PurpleWedgie
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jamesy
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with Cartographer.
I've looked everywhere for a read me or just a list of slash commands for it.
All I want to be able to to is insert a note at say xx.xx,xx.xx and then have the arrow direct me to it. I know it can do this but how?
I also cant seem to get to click on the map and it insert waypoint or add a note?
It has a serious lack of user support imo, ive looked everywhere that ckknight has posted and can't find anything.

Can anyone help me please?

I miss Metamap.........
The command is "/way xx,xx pointname" (i.e. /way 10,10 test"

02-12-07, 10:28 AM   #474
jamesy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by PurpleWedgie
The command is "/way xx,xx pointname" (i.e. /way 10,10 test"
Thanks!

You don't have a list of some of the slash commands or where I can get them from do you?

02-12-07, 10:33 AM   #475
darkerosxx
A Murloc Raider
I posted a few spots above, but forgot to also list this question:

I'm a druid and while shapeshifting in the mazzleui, I came upon a problem. When I shifted out of cat form, my hotkeys didn't change to the non-form hotkeys. They stayed in cat form lists. How do I correct that? I couldn't figure out how to change it back at all, so it basically made it unplayable, at which point I switched back to my old ui and encountered the problem I posted about above with my hotkeys/action bar settings bonked.

02-12-07, 10:45 AM   #476
estarianne
A Murloc Raider
Cartographer and Smart Debuff

OK, two more problems Anyone who has advice is welcome to give it.

1) Cartographer- instance loot isn't working. I even downloaded updated cartographer from the ace server, but I still don't get instance loot. It is enabled in cartographer options.

2) I can not for the life of me get smart debuff to work. If I enable it, the options screen comes up, but there is no SDB frame. The slash command /sdb does nothing. The only thing I can think is that the frame is either invisible or located off-screen somewhere.

And more information on clique- I am having two separate problems, I now realize. One has to do with the clickable area- at some point during an instance, I lose ability to click cast the health bars and can only click cast the text beneath the unit frame. The other has to do with losing middle click bindings, but I don't know whether that's a UI issue or a mouse issue, as it's been acting up (it might be that middle click just isn't always working).

Anyway, I'm learning to adapt to the clique issue and still love this UI

02-12-07, 10:54 AM   #477
darkerosxx
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by darkerosxx
I posted a few spots above, but forgot to also list this question:

I'm a druid and while shapeshifting in the mazzleui, I came upon a problem. When I shifted out of cat form, my hotkeys didn't change to the non-form hotkeys. They stayed in cat form lists. How do I correct that? I couldn't figure out how to change it back at all, so it basically made it unplayable, at which point I switched back to my old ui and encountered the problem I posted about above with my hotkeys/action bar settings bonked.
I reloaded a totally fresh mazzle ui w/the mazzle druid layout. I checked to see if the hotbars would change with changing forms and they worked fine.

The only thing I did after that was go to interface options and change autoself cast to on, show player names on, and clicked off terrain camera movement. After that, the hotbars wouldn't change while changing forms. They stay the same, with the healing hotbar sticking there, no matter what form I change into.

I'm going to try changing to the simple druid layout and see how it works out.

02-12-07, 10:59 AM   #478
darkerosxx
A Murloc Raider
I reloaded a totally fresh mazzle ui w/the mazzle druid layout. I checked to see if the hotbars would change with changing forms and they worked fine.

The only thing I did after that was go to interface options and change autoself cast to on, show player names on, and clicked off terrain camera movement. After that, the hotbars wouldn't change while changing forms. They stay the same, with the healing hotbar sticking there, no matter what form I change into.

Does the same thing in simple druid layout...I have no idea why it's happening but it only happens with mazzle ui settings. I'm going to have to change back and recreate my old ui til we can figure out why this is happening.

02-12-07, 11:05 AM   #479
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured

This is a known issue. There is a post in the Bugs forum about how to get your bar back where it should be. If I could remember what page it was on, I'd tell you.

About cartographer: I couldn't remember the command for waypoints either, so I typed /waypoint and it gave me the options for that plugin. Just in case you forget or want to try for anything else. As for placing notes on the map, I don't remember it off the top of my head, but if you go to the transparency option in the Cartographer menu, you'll notice that it's at 0. If you turn it back up, you'll see commands in the top-left of the cartographer window.

02-12-07, 11:41 AM   #480
The E
A Defias Bandit
I have been using your UI since 1.0 release, and I love it! Thank you for your time.

I have two questions that I can't find the answers for in the faq and/or anywhere on the forums, but I expect they are easily answered.

1: Every time I enter a BG my raid box locations are reset, and they cover some of the UI. Of course I can move them, but I was wondering what I need to do to get the addon to remember thier locations?

2: I can't, for the life of me, get the UI to remember that I've ticked "show player names" and "show npc names". I have to continuously retick them in the blizzard options.

Both questions here are similar, both revolving around settings not being remembered, and I suspect there is a simple solution but I just can't find it.

Thank you for your time!!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD