01-20-07, 01:51 PM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

What Map addon do you use?

Man with all the map addons I see here, I was wondering what one you would recommend? Which one do you think is best coming with preloaded with NPC locations in throughout the world? How about ease of use, stability and such. So many of the map addons are highly rated very hard to make a choice.

Thanks,

Bellator
01-20-07, 03:20 PM   #2
Disabled
A Murloc Raider
cartographer
01-20-07, 04:30 PM   #3
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Atlas
Instance Maps w/ boss locations and loot tables
There is a plugin called AtlasMajorCities that comes with loads of NPC's already marked on the map (trainers, vendors etc..).

Atlas is, IMO, the best instance map addon. You can use it with Metamap or Cartographer, no conclicts.

MetaMap
Feature rich map addon (see link for all features). It can record moused over npc's and allow searches for them later. Shows location icons on the world map and minimap. It does not come preloaded with any npc's but you can download and import other users databases

I would suggest Metamap, tbh. It comes with just about every feature a map addon can have while still being fairly easy to use.

Cartographer
Similar to Metamap, this one will record npc's such as vendors and trainers (requires the respective plugins). It will create icons/notes on your worldmap.

I personaly prefer Cartographer w/ plugins. Its Ace2 and the plugins rock. Plus its easier on the o'l puter
01-20-07, 06:01 PM   #4
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks

Hey thanks for the wealth of information, your time and input was very much appreciated.

Bellator
01-21-07, 11:17 PM   #5
Farook
A Molten Giant

I am using "Cartographer" with some modules (Mining, Herbalism and Quests).
01-25-07, 03:38 AM   #6
Neruu
A Murloc Raider

I lke very much cartographer, metamap give me some issues like in map icons randomly placed (did you know if camp taurajo is in Tanaris? ).
I need maps notes, mining nodes traking and the chance to see also unknown map places.
01-25-07, 04:41 AM   #7
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

In love with Cartographer

Can't say enough about Cartographer, easily installed, no compatiblity issues easy to use, addons are great. Just wish I had asked about Cartographer back at level one. Mulesh's input was greatly appreciated.

Bellator
01-26-07, 11:29 AM   #8
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
For some reason I'm having the opposite experience with Cartographer and it's plug ins. Lot's of bugs, especially with Vendor, POI, TuFu and Quest plug ins. I posted about these issues above.
Interestingly enough, I have no problems so far at all with Metamap.

I wonder what is going on?
01-26-07, 12:54 PM   #9
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Cartographer

Ace and plugins alllow it to use very little memory for what I want. Herbalism, Opening, Treasure, Fishing, are the plugins that I currently use everyday.

Metamap is great, but takes up too much Memory for my liking.

Atlas is amazing, but doesnt offer the whole package I was looking for.

TO that end, Atlas has a much better system for Instance Notes, but Cartographer is getting better every day. Cknight(?) updates it almost daily, and with those updates comes more notes and more features.
01-26-07, 01:06 PM   #10
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Cartographer FTW!
01-26-07, 01:31 PM   #11
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
Does anyone else have any of my issues with the flightmap, Vendor, Quests and POI plug ins?

I like Cartographer and would like to use it, but if things aren't working because there is no central control over the plugins it might not be the way to go.

I have no memory issues with metamap at all.
01-26-07, 01:43 PM   #12
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You can control plugins from within Cartographer themselves. I dont have any problems with any plugins.

The only semi-grip I have. I use the quest plugin, and this applies for other plugins as well, that when I see multiple NPC's it clutters the area to the point where you can not see some, this is of course looking at world map and looking at the intended area from afar.
01-26-07, 03:38 PM   #13
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

The author of Cartographer Quests/Vendors/Trainers, Kodewulf, is working on adding a note merge feature. Hopefully it will allow multiple NPC's at one location to be stored in one note.

Watch this space for more information.
01-26-07, 04:00 PM   #14
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
It seems like I am having issues with all Kodewulf's plug ins... I wonder why just his?
01-26-07, 08:28 PM   #15
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

ckknight wrote cartographer.
02-05-07, 09:56 PM   #16
Jarloc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cartographer + Atlas + AtlasLoot Enhanced
02-06-07, 09:37 AM   #17
blay
An Aku'mai Servant
MetaMap + Atlas + AtlasLoot Enhanced.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What Map addon do you use?