01-21-07, 11:59 AM   #1
Mook
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Best Way to Offer WTF Folders?

Howdy folks!

I've been offering the AddOns I use as a compilation for download recently. At first I was including only the 'Interface' folder, but a few folks asked for the 'WTF' folder too, to help in setting up, so I started including that.

Thing is, that's not always helpful - it'll work fine if the downloader also happens to run his WoW at 1024x768 with a UI Scale of 0.64, but in all other cases it just makes a big mess on the screen.

It seems like one would have to include WTF folders with the game running at 800x600 Scale 1.0, 800x600 Scale 0.64, 1024x768 Scale 1.0, 1024x768 Scale 0.64, 1280x1024 Scale 1.0, and 1280x1024 Scale 0.64 ... and this would still leave out all the folks who play on a widescreen monitor and/or at a scale between 1.0 and 0.64. Not to mention taking hours of logging in, logging out, configuring, zipping.

Any advice on the best way to package a compilation of AddOns for download? Anything I should be mindful of including? (currently the only thing I make sure of is that my account's 'username' isn't in the 'config.wtf')

(tangential but related - any advice on ways to improve my compilations ReadMe?)

http://www.themook.net/wow

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Best Way to Offer WTF Folders?