01-13-07, 06:06 AM   #721
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking .old

as mazzle said a few posts ago, wowinterface has a banner at the top of each download that says wether it is 2.x compatible...... and this one isnt..... shame really..... dug out one of my SS's and it really doesnt give mazzle credit!

01-13-07, 06:37 AM   #722
Kiratrue
A Defias Bandit
Thanks. I guess my real worry is that everything will be cramped at the bottom.

oh ps: Like you paladin name, Kira

Last edited by Kiratrue : 01-13-07 at 06:53 AM.

01-13-07, 06:55 AM   #723
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking No worries

Originally Posted by Kiratrue
First time I looked at it I felt the same, and it will take some tweaking to be the way you want it cause as mazzle said for the original version it's set up using lvl 60 characters but a mazzify will set most things straight.

nearly everything on the bottom can be assigned to a hotkey and alot of it is set to the 1-= keys and modified using SHIFT and CTRL..... which was confusing and took time to get used to but once you were used to it it was hard if not impossible to use anything else! lol.....
I think I only added about 6 extra addon's to the folder to get some of the bits back that I like to use.
So here is to mazzle and her uber UI...... just wish i could do more! lol

01-13-07, 07:18 AM   #724
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Neotu
If I can recall, she did say she is working hard to get it release soon. And I am happy to hear that you are looking else were, one less person I have see complain about no ETA and no UI. Peace!

Ya know its funny ... NOT ONCE did I complain about the fact there was no ETA nor did I ever ask for one. If you used the SEARCH feature you would have noticed this.

I know what the search feature is and I know how to use it .. like I said I was making a suggestion not asking for anything.

I was talking about how it would stop people from asking about one if Mazzle had a brain and posted this on the main page of her UI. No need to post an ETA maybe post that she is working on it tirelessly and it will be out when it's ready.

Maybe even removed the BIG download link so people don't see it and download it ... hmm what an idea another common problem here .. people getting an old version and saying it odes not work .. happened twice in pages.

Here is another idea ... make the little link at the bottom of the main UI description pointing to her actual UI website where this info is so people can actually see it.

01-13-07, 07:18 AM   #725
kendon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kiratrue

This is what I thought too, then I adopted the UI.

I played through the latter part of Naxx and really the switchable bars are a godsend.

If you want to see how it performs in a high-end raid, here's a video of my guild's first KT kill by me, http://files.filefront.com/keltwmv/;.../fileinfo.html

01-13-07, 07:23 AM   #726
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Your words hurt me so. Let me take take a moment to collect myself.

OK...I'm better now. Thanks for stopping by. Please give my best wishes to TroubledDuck.
Like I said get of your soapbox ... your no better than anyone else here ... maybe if you read what I posted and take a little of it into consideration it might make your life a little easier.

And what a way to keep customers. We might not pay for what you do but we are still customers. We use something that you make and should be treated with a little respect. I would never have said anything like that to one of my customers. I would do what I could to keep them and make them happy .. who knows they might have become a paying customer.

Bye.

01-13-07, 08:15 AM   #727
Archos
A Theradrim Guardian

Sepioth, I own 13 different fast food restaurants. I see "customers" like you all the time. You come in and want to just find something to complain about. And I do not mine just telling people like you to leave and not come back, Which is what i thought you were doing. I am sure Mazzle feels the same way. I would rather see one person leave then have that once person come back over and over and just scare other customers away. Now, Are you going to leave now or just complain and find problems in our posts?

01-13-07, 08:18 AM   #728
Archos
A Theradrim Guardian

And as for anyone being on a "Soap Box", I do not see that here. She is trying to tell you to just stop complaining like the others. And even if she was on a "Soap Box", why not? This is her thread, her UI, and she is tell YOU about it. So, I think her being on a "Soap Box" would be perfectly fine.

01-13-07, 08:28 AM   #729
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Sepioth
Ya know its funny ... NOT ONCE did I complain about the fact there was no ETA nor did I ever ask for one. If you used the SEARCH feature you would have noticed this.
{PG. 74}
Oh where is that quote ... Ah here it is.
Originally Posted by Sepitoth
Sifting through 70+ pages of posts to find an answer that can easily be posted on the main page of your mod I find rather stupid. Not that I mind reading nor am I lazy but 70+ pages of mostly garbage is pointless to look through. You could have shut a lot of people up .. including me ... if you would just have the decency to be nice and post the fact that you are hard at work on you UI and it will be released soon. Let people know you're still around.
An ETA was not needed. This decency would have kept you from saying stuff OVER and OVER.

But what I find really funny is you say you will not give an ETA but in the next post you did .. Around TBC release .. that is what some would call an ETA ...
{PG 73}
... Wow only a page back? ... you seem to have a horrid memory don't you.

I know what the search feature is and I know how to use it .. like I said I was making a suggestion not asking for anything.
... You do know that the context in which you use words construes different things correct?

I was talking about how it would stop people from asking about one if Mazzle had a brain and posted this on the main page of her UI. No need to post an ETA maybe post that she is working on it tirelessly and it will be out when it's ready.
OMG Really?! ... If YOU had a brain and were smart enough to look throught the 70 pages here, you would have seen that mazzle and others such as tigerheart have already posted that they've put in the long hours for this project. ... Up until 2-3 am every night testing this stuff for ignorant *******s like you

Maybe even removed the BIG download link so people don't see it and download it ... hmm what an idea another common problem here .. people getting an old version and saying it odes not work .. happened twice in pages.
Also been answered. But then again, I cant expect dumbasses to be able to read coherently.
Originally Posted by MazzleFizz
WoWInterface automatically shows which add-ons are 2.0 compatible. MazzleUI does not show that banner at the top of the download page.
Here is another idea ... make the little link at the bottom of the main UI description pointing to her actual UI website where this info is so people can actually see it.
Well ... If you look at mazzle's profile which ... omg is right NEXT to the description of the UI, you could easily get this RELEASE THRED Link. ... Take care and have fun with Duck

01-13-07, 09:01 AM   #730
Scarredangel
A Murloc Raider
so much anger here...

Can't we all just get along......

01-13-07, 09:23 AM   #731
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well ... we were until sep came along -.-

01-13-07, 09:55 AM   #732
Arkaneus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Mazzle, dont fret the ignorant. Let them go about doing their own thing. You have something that no other UI Designer in the History of WoW has. This UI is under more demand than any Mod, or UI, or Add-on that has been released.

Look on the brighter side of this, its not like they CANT play the game. And damn, for someone that has put now a year into this, have dealt with the sane and the tarded. You got a pair of brass ones to still be dealing with the public like this. Keep up the hard and complex work that you have put forth into your design.

Its ashame that some dont realize that "Good Things Come to those that WAIT!".

Perhaps, you can just block ignorants from the threads like sep, and a few others that we've all seen here. A few bad seeds are nothing more then that, bad seeds. Just like in our Guilds, we /gkick the bad seeds and the Guild becomes a better organization. Well,.....
Cannot the kingdom of Salvation take me home."

01-13-07, 11:32 AM   #733
heavyhebrew
A Defias Bandit
mmmmmm the delayment of gratification........
Soon I will have a mazzlegasm....

01-13-07, 11:52 AM   #734
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm getting the feeling this is why its a Closed beta.

Smart choice mazzle. Smart choice.

01-13-07, 12:29 PM   #735
dylanix
A Murloc Raider
Mazzle,

I've got a new computer set up coming soon and will be running with two monitors. I searched the thread for any previous info to see if anyone had talked about this earlier. This is what I found:
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Originally Posted by Teranaus
[...]Also yeah I'm one of those weirdo's with DUAL 19" Widescreens and a 2880x900 setup, WOW looks fantastic! But the this UI is a little Funky. I'm familiar with Discord et al and understand image manipulation but I'm not sure where the artwork is located on the file system. And can I make different artwork for my 3.2 so that if I switch resolutions it will know how to handle it? [...]
[...]I have no experience with setups of that type. Sorry.
As I understand your response, you've not dealt with a dual screen set up WRT the UI. I was wondering if you knew anyone who had, or how the mod will react with a dual screen setup. If you (or anyone else for that matter) know where I might find screenshots or other info, please let me know. A particular and peculiar request, I know, so don't bother with it if it's too much trouble. It's a very narrow topic, and you've got much more important matters to deal with.

Thanks for your attention, for your work on MazzleUI, and good luck.

Last edited by dylanix : 01-13-07 at 01:11 PM.

01-13-07, 01:02 PM   #736
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by dylanix
Mazzle,

I've got a new computer set up coming soon and will be running with two monitors. I searched the thread for any previous info to see if anyone had talked about this earlier. This is what I found:

As I understand your response, you've not dealt with a dual screen set up WRT the UI. I was wondering if you knew anyone who had, or how the mod will react with a dual screen setup. If you (or anyone else for that matter) know where I might find screenshots or other info, please let me know. A particular and peculiar request, I know, so don't bother with it if it's too much trouble. It's a very narrow topic.
Thanks anyway.
i'm not sure if you've read this thread or not on the wow forums or not, but this thread gives you a bit of an idea of how set it up with dual monitors...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...12052602&sid=1

You most likely will have to fiddle around with things to get them positioned properly.

Dont forget to use this command.

/script UIParent:ClearAllPoints();UIParent:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",0,0);UIParent:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",1070,0)

I'm not sure how mods figure out they're positioning, but if its relative to the normal UI's position there should be some way to coax things into working.

Oh, and if you do get things working - make sure to post how so everyone else can take advantage of it

01-13-07, 01:09 PM   #737
dylanix
A Murloc Raider
Coniferous, thanks. That post will come in handy, I'm sure.

I'll be sure and post screenshots and the how-to once I get all the pieces together. It'll be towards the end of the month, if my stuff comes in on time.

01-13-07, 03:33 PM   #738
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkaneus
Mazzle, dont fret the ignorant. Let them go about doing their own thing.
Yeah, I don't worry about it. The whining mmo kiddies will always find something to criticize or complain about when they have to deal with things they don't enjoy, like waiting or having to put forth effort to get something. You should have seen some of the things they came up with prior to the first release.

Anyway, I just posted a new beta version, so here are the change notes:

0.93 Change Log
  • Feature Addition: MazzleUI no longer uses Discord Art. All panel textures, hotspots and the HUD are now done completely in the MazzleUI add-on. Should allow for faster startup and less memory use. It also simplifies Mazzification.
  • Feature Addition: MazzleUI no longer uses Discord Frame Modifier. Login should be sped up, and, if you now moves frames, they will stay there. Also eliminates any potential problems with DFM's various hooks.
    • Mazzifier will now only position most frames once. It will use either the add-on's internal mechanism, if it exists, or the layout cache.
    • MazzleUI will still change frame properites and place certain Blizzard frames on login.
    • The one problem with using the layout cache is that, if you disable an add-on for even one login, you will lose the position of all frames that add-on uses. To remedy this, MazzleUI will check all user-placed frames on login. If the user-placed flag is not set, it will reset it's position to the MazzleUI default.
  • Feature Addition: Target box hotspots now handled completely in MazzleUI and no longer uses TargetButtons. Compared to the original, this uses significantly less memory and cpu.
  • Feature Addition: MazzleHUD now has several new settings you can adjust: scale, position, separation, percentage/actual mob health amounts.
  • Feature Addition: Clicking on the bottom left hotspot now allows you to copy any text in the currently selected chat frame. (via Prat)
  • Feature Addition: Mazzifier will now disable auto bag opening for those of you who choose the all in one bag option
  • Bug Fix: Several frames are now more reliably-placed, like the oRA resurrection frames and Antagonist bars.
  • Bug Fix: Should no longer get errors caused by improperly referenced functions is certain ace ScheduleLeaveCombatActions calls.
  • Bug Fix: Layout override updated for new options format of sRaidFrames
  • Bug Fix: sRaidFrames should no longer trigger blocking errors when a raid member leaves the group or goes offline.
  • Bug Fix: Mazzifier now sets strata of detached chat frames. Hopefully, this should stop the chat windows going behind the panel.
  • Bug Fix: Antagonist will no longer move with the HUD health.
  • Bug Fix: MonkeyQuestLog now properly placed adjacent to MonkeyQuest
  • Bug Fix: Target hotspots will no longer display above the world map
  • Bug Fix: Scroll reminder will now show correctly when logging in. (Before you had to switch chat tabs at least once.)
  • Bug Fix: PetInfo no longer blank. (Icon seems bugged in original add-on)
  • Bug Fix: oRA MT window should move more reliably now
  • Bug Fix: Efficiency mode and Gfxtoggle should no longer cause your minimap texture to disappear. The minimap border still disappears though.
  • Bug Fix: Mazzlegasm time throttle removed to see if that's the issue with people not getting them. (Let me know if you don't)
  • Bug Fix: SCT should now again be mazzified. (small change in format)
  • Bug Fix: Prat settings should again Mazzify correctly. (There were many setting format changes in Prat 2.0)
  • Bug Fix: Mazzifier add-on selection should produce more intuitive results. Any add-on that has an explicit question will no longer also be disabled by the Complete, Faster Loading, Faster CPU and Minimum set settings. (before it was the conjunction of the set and the question)
  • Bug Fix: Collapsing bars enabled. (It was commented out accidentally. How could everyone miss that advertised new feature wasn't working?!?)
  • Bug Fix: MazzleUI will once again show WarmUp's window automatically if it is enabled.
  • 3rd-Party Add-On Modification: Closing monkeyquest will now also close monkeyquestlog if it's open
  • Code Improvement: MazzleHUD no longer uses DUF to display health and mana numbers.
  • Layout Change: Combo points now displayed left of the HUD so that it will not overlap cooldown messages and antagonist.
  • Layout Change: Added positioning information for KLHT
  • Settings Change: Added alt-b as an alternate open all bags binding for those who use alternate bag add-ons
  • Settings Change: Monkeyquest tooltip anchored to bottom left. Looks a littl eodd, but least likely position to overlap other things.
  • Settings Change: oCD minimum is set to 1.6 to avoid global cooldown timers
  • Settings Change: xLoot thresholds set much higher. It was really spamming stuff with the default settings.
  • Add-On Change: Removed EasyCopy. Similar functionality is built into prat now.
  • Add-On Change: Replaced KCItems with TooltipExchange. I'm kinda torn about this one, but I'll try it at least until new version of KC Items becomes available. TE definitely uses more memory overall than KCI and can potentially cause lag issues since it can communicate with others to build up it's item database. To be safe, I've set it to not save any items in its database that's not rare (already the default setting) and to not communicate with other users. Feel free to experiment with those settings and report your findings.
    • KCItems hotspot will now open TooltipExchange. Mazzifier will automatically instruct TE to mine your item cache when mazzifying the add-on.
  • Add-On Change: Replaced MailTo and gMail with Postal.
  • Add-On Change: Removed AHFavorites and WhoFavorites. This was done b/c they were the last two Ace 1 add-ons. I hope to bring them back.
  • Add-On Change: Added PerformanceFu so people can initiate a garbage collection more easily
  • Add-On Change: Replaced SpecialTalentUI with Talented. There seemed to be a couple taint issues with the former. Also Talented seems a little lighter.
  • Add-On Change: AuctionFilter plus temporarily removed to simplify finding blocking issues
  • Add-On Change: Temporarily removed FuBar GarbageFu. Author quit the game and the current version is a debug one that does full item scans every 60 seconds.
  • Tigerheart fixes:
    • Bug Fix: MCP not deleting profiles correctly. May have also been tainting stuff. (Tigerheart fix)
    • Bug Fix: Redundant hooks removed from context menu. (Tigerheart fix)
    • Bug Fix: Miscellaneous taint fixes?

01-13-07, 04:06 PM   #739
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

hooray for progress!

01-13-07, 05:05 PM   #740
Gelst of draka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
IS this a closed beta realease or is it public?

Im jsut curious because i didnt see it posted on wowinterface yet for download.

Thanks again guys for all your hard work. I really do appreciate it. what an ecxellent UI!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI