12-30-06, 12:24 PM   #601
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up Read the manual?

on the MazzleUI installer options it does say PLAY with the ui settings and try all the different mods for yourself..... if you have done that you would have known...... but I'm just one of those people that reads instuctions before lumbering ahead. Or at least read the info for the addon your trying to use..... on the mazzle config page (dont know the proper name anymore sorry mazz *hides*) there was a page with ALL the mazzle UI addons and short explinations as to what they did..... could have looked there!

01-01-07, 01:54 AM   #602
Zagaroth
A Murloc Raider
Happy New Years.

As the title says.

01-01-07, 06:15 AM   #603
cattuss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Mechrior
on the MazzleUI installer options it does say PLAY with the ui settings and try all the different mods for yourself..... if you have done that you would have known...... but I'm just one of those people that reads instuctions before lumbering ahead. Or at least read the info for the addon your trying to use..... on the mazzle config page (dont know the proper name anymore sorry mazz *hides*) there was a page with ALL the mazzle UI addons and short explinations as to what they did..... could have looked there!
Sorry for saying this but was there any need for the above comment?? If u look at the post above yours there is a nice and constructive comment on how to possibly fix the guy's problem, but you just seem to think that having a go at him would be a better idea!!

Anyway, back on topic, keep up the good work mazz, hope all is going well

01-01-07, 11:34 AM   #604
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Personally, I think his comment is constructive. The OP will have fewer questions in the future if he figures out that with just a minimal amount of effort, he could have figure it out on his own rather then take the easy way out and just post any possible request or question that comes to mind.

In all honesty, posts of that nature is why I choose to go with closed beta and why many authors respond to few if any forum posts any more. It's just not worth putting a ton of effort answering questions for posters that are not willing to put even a minimal amount of effort to find an answer themselves.

Hmm, this all reminds me of the cartoon on the front page of this site.

p.s. Park, my post isn't really directed at your question in particular. It's meant as more of a general comment.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 01-01-07 at 11:46 AM.

01-01-07, 12:59 PM   #605
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking constructivity

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Personally, I think his comment is constructive. The OP will have fewer questions in the future if he figures out that with just a minimal amount of effort, he could have figure it out on his own rather then take the easy way out and just post any possible request or question that comes to mind.
Thank you it was meant to be constructive and if any offence was taken I am not sorry but I am appologetic.

In all honesty, posts of that nature is why I choose to go with closed beta and why many authors respond to few if any forum posts any more. It's just not worth putting a ton of effort answering questions for posters that are not willing to put even a minimal amount of effort to find an answer themselves.
If your looking for a full time FAQ answerer I'm currently not doing much apart from job hunting.

Hmm, this all reminds me of the cartoon on the front page of this site.
enough said really.

Thanks for the vote of agreement..... nice to know there are some author's that still interact with their community

01-01-07, 01:18 PM   #606
Optivenom
A Murloc Raider

Good work mazzle

Happy new year folks, really cnt wait till its out and about again. really miss dis ui. i think it should b used as a standed ui for all. nuff luv mazzle keep it up.

01-01-07, 01:46 PM   #607
Sgmorris
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
was hopeing newyears

was hopeing new years ,,, heh .... Can't wait !!!?!?!?!??!
UI'less atm waiting on this to be done 8/

01-01-07, 03:07 PM   #608
Aksuna
A Defias Bandit
YES,
there was and is a need for that comment,
Mazzle takes alot of his personal time to make a UI people can have fun with.
And in return they DON'T read the wonderfully informant FAQ that gos along with it.
Personally i feel that is pretty moronic,
the answers to most if not ALL the questions,
are in that well put together FAQ!!
So reading it, and using the info in if, is Just one way people can THANK mazzle for his very hard work.
Please don't waste mazz's time. He already gives so much of it to put together and upkeep this UI for our FUN.

01-02-07, 08:40 AM   #609
Satyricon Kakon
A Murloc Raider
Post Wow

Wow, this UI looks awsome. Is it out of beta yet?

If it is still in beta, would you perhaps need another person to help on that front?

Last edited by Satyricon Kakon : 01-02-07 at 10:08 AM. Reason: beta

01-02-07, 12:05 PM   #610
Scarredangel
A Murloc Raider
Hey Mazzle,

Would I be wrong in assuming that the new version of the greatest UI ever created won't hit the streets until TBC is released?

I know you have RL stuff as well, but I just wanted to check

01-02-07, 01:14 PM   #611
tebriael
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by CustomFark
Hi guys, i think im being a slight retard!

Just signed on properly since about 2 weeks before christmas, and can't remember where to download the Mazzle beta UI from!! Can anyone help me cause i really want to get this going again to start testing heavily.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ignore me, ive found it.....feel like an idiot now!

The beta is available somewhere? If so, link it! I haven't been able to find it nor any official update on a release/beta since 2 weeks before christmas.

01-02-07, 01:21 PM   #612
Ziot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Approved testers can download it somewhere at the url in mazzle's signature.. Don't even try to think you can download the beta if you're not in the beta program

01-03-07, 05:05 PM   #613
Valasso
A Murloc Raider
Btw , this new 2.0 ui will also work in TBC?

01-03-07, 05:23 PM   #614
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, it will work in TBC.

0.92 now posted in the beta forums. The main stumbling block to general release are the blocking errors I'm still seeing in battlegrounds.

Hmm, I don't think I've posted any changelogs in the thread like I used to, so here they are:

0.92 Change Log:
  • Feature Addition: 200+ cameras added to handle all new BC models and current changed models (please report any models that look off)
    • Note: There seems to be significant differences between the models on the live servers and those on BC. Some stuff may be off when on live, but I'm not going to re-adjust unless BC is significantly delayed.
  • Feature Addition: Automatically opening bags at bank, trade, merchent, auction house now an option. (useful for those who add all-in-one bag addons)
  • Feature Addition: Button layouts can now specify to allow duplicates on a per bar basis. Should fix problems with button layouts with spec or role-based pages, and layouts like joypunk's that have lots of duplicates.
  • Feature Addition: Mazzifier will now pre-parse button layouts and check for skills you don't have, then adjust the size of bars accordingly. This will make the layouts look a lot more like they used to with DAB's 'collapse buttons' setting. This pre-parsing will be skipped for any bar that has a 'show empty buttons' setting, for example, bars intended for miscellaneous skills or bars in the simple layouts.
  • Feature Addition: ToT HotSpot changed from a texture to a secure button with click casting capability. The entire area below the target unit frame (where it shows "Looking at..." will behave like a ToT frame with using up anymore space in the layout.
  • Bug Fix: Added MovableBags to mazzifier list so that it can reset everybody's faulty bag positions
  • Bug Fix: Adjusted buff and debuff so that they grow the right way, based on DUF inexplicable new behavior
  • Bug Fix: Both weapon buff frames should show properly now with buff timers
  • Bug Fix: Buff and debuff frames adjusted so they don't overlap oCD timer bars in all three aspects
  • Bug Fix: Changed all $tn references in DUF layouts to new $ut text string. Should fix target of targets not updating. (Actually, doesn't seem to work at all now. :/)
  • Bug Fix: Changed combat queue calls from CQ library to Ace's ScheduleLeaveCombatAction
  • Bug Fix: Changed raid layout changes to be queued if they occur during combat lockdown
  • Bug Fix: Changing raid layout or MT position when in combat no longer causes blocked errors
  • Bug Fix: Changing raid layout or MT position when not in a raid no longer throws errors
  • Bug Fix: Chat tabs will once again hide when not flashing or moused over
  • Bug Fix: Context menu hotspot will work without having to manually hide the context menu first (Tigerheart fix)
  • Bug Fix: Context menu will hide when it's on page 2 (Tigerheart fix)
  • Bug Fix: Disabled ToT hotspot until I can add a secure button for it
  • Bug Fix: Druid stance rules changed so that prowl keeps the bar on the cat page.
  • Bug Fix: Fizzwidget's track menu will no longer give blocking errors (Tigerheart fix)
  • Bug Fix: Map HotSpot now correctly opens Cartographer world map.
  • Bug Fix: Mazz3D options will correctly register and unregister events again
  • Bug Fix: Mazzifier will once again hide extra bars initially.
  • Bug Fix: MazzleUI will no longer try to unregister events it was unable to register before. (like the UNIT_MANA people were reporting)
  • Bug Fix: oCD will no longer throw an error with pet classes (Tigerheart fix)
  • Bug Fix: WitchHunt override changed so that it will now be properly placed in all resolutions.
  • Button Layout Change: Added 'Prayer of Spirit' to priest layouts
  • Button Layout Change: Following layouts now allow duplicates: Mazzle Mage, Joypunk Warrior, Mazzle Priest, Mazzle Paladin, Mazzle Shaman, Durzil Shaman, Mazzle Druid.
  • Button Layout Change: Mage 1.25 and Mage 1.33 layouts changed to make room for Trade Dispenser and to not overlap right chat window.
  • Button Layout Change: Rogue layout changed so stealth skills now appear on main bar. Old stealth bar will stay fixed with vanish, feint, kick. Main action bar's second page will now contain Cheap Shot, Ambush, Garrote, Sap, Mutilate. New skills set up to shift down the bar for lower level rogues.
  • Layout Change: Increased buff and debuff slots as much as layouts would allow in each aspect ratio. (Usually around 32 can be seen now)
  • MazzleOptions changed: Credits, Changelog updated. A few minor FAQ questions updated.
  • Settings Change: Capping settings and positional information added to Mazzifier.
  • Settings Change: ShardAce summon buttons now grow upwards. Also added override so that minimap based-placement cannot occur.
  • 3rd Party Add-On Modification: Change GFW Trackmenu to grow up to work better in MazzleUI layout
  • 3rd Party Add-On Modification: Changed Movable Bags to set the bags as user placed so that positions stick
  • 3rd Party Add-On Modification: Removed Book of Crafts override. Bug fixed by author.
  • Add-On Change: Added Baggins as an all-in-one bag type add-on. Off by default with a question to enable in the Mazzifier. Settings and bindings also added.
  • Add-On Change: Added FuBar GarbageFu
  • Add-On Change: Removed AH Quick Search. Functionality overlaps with MailTo.
  • Add-On Change: Removed Mars Quest Organizer It seems to conflict with MonkeyQuest now.
  • Add-On Change: Removed TankPoints (don't know if anyone uses, and not very accessible unless you know about it)

0.91 Changes:
  • Feature Addition: Developed algorith to translate previously used DAB button layout and SAS configurations into a simpler more general format. Retains nearly everything except custom scripts, paging logic and control boxes. General format should be useful in other contexts too.
  • Feature Addition: Added manual Bongos mazzifier that uses new layout descriptions. Unlike other add-on Mazzifier modules, it doesn't just set up setting data structures. It procedurally configures all of the items one by one. Configures number of bars, size of buttons, contents of buttons, keybindings (so you can still have layout-specific key bindings), and location of bars.
  • Feature Addition: Mazzifier now uses much improved keybinding system
    • No longer relies on MyBindings. Key bindings installed are now immediate and don't require restart.
    • Installs bindings in four layers which is much more flexible and will allow for far better initial bindings for any install configuration
      • - The first layer is a set of base key bindings that are slightly modified version of normal blizzard bindings with several alternate bindings added in case things are overwritten
      • - The second layer is a set of add-on **bindings that are now specified per add-on**. In other words, the Mazzifier will only assign keybindings for an add-on if that add-on is currently running for that character. So, people who choose to install one of the smaller packages will no longer have unbound keys for add-ons they don't use.
      • - The third layer is the set of keybindings associated with each button in your layout. This layer is only installed if you mazzify your buttons too.
      • - The fourth layer is a set of keybindings assocated with your overall button layout. This allows special bindings for either (a) things that we don't want to place in buttons or (b) functions that become unbound due to button bindings that override the default bindings. For example, the warlock layout can assign alternate pet bar bindings since many of the buttons override the default pet bar bindings. Actions like wanding, shooting and stance switching are also added in this layer for many of the layouts.
  • Feature Addition: Due to the large number of Ace 2 libraries that are now stand-alone at the top level, the MazzleOptions directory now sorts libraries seperately from the main addons, so that the user can find the options they are looking for more easily.
  • Feature Addition: MazzleOptions entries added for tons of new and changed add-ons.
  • Feature Addition: Mazzifier now places some elements manually rather using DFM. This means that you don't have to mess with DFM if you want to change the position of those items. This hopefully will also solve certain problems with frames that occasionally don't move. Current frames that it places this way: Color Combo Points, BigWigs Boss Bar, WitchHunt
  • Feature Addition: MazzleUI Fubar menu. Provides an easier way to access Mazzifier, MazzleOptions, FAQs, and the various raid layouts options.
  • Feature Addition: Can turn of MT frame management. Some weirdos like to have their MT frame smack in the middle of the screen from what I understand.
  • Feature Addition: Now uses MazzleUI_Preloader add-on for any 3rd Party Add-On Modification that does not require access to local variables (Tigerheart)
  • Feature Addition: Added clique support to 3d models. (Before it was only on the main unit frame) (Tigerheart)
  • Feature Addition: Context menu is now an indepent features within the MazzleUI add-on. Uses secure templates. (Tigerheart)
  • Feature Addition: Mazzifier can now mazzify buttons and/or keybindings without a reload to instantiate settings
  • Feature Addition: Added focus frame to unit frames. Note that it will overlap MT windows if you place them on the side. If you're a frequent user of focus, you may want to choose the mt window on top for the time being.
  • Code Improvement: MazzleUI, Mazzifier, Mazz3D and MazzleOptions now updated from Ace 1 to Ace 2. None of them use Timex any more.
  • Code Improvement: Mazz3d consolidated into MazzleUI add-on.
  • Code Improvement: MazzleUI add-on better modularized.
  • 3rd Party Add-On Modification: Changed Bongos to not waste action ID's so that it's possible to do proper paging. Each bar now has its own setting for number of pages and bongos will use enough sequential action IDs to accomodate all the buttons in every page of that bar. Also added a number of pages slider to the Bongos options menu. (Tigerheart)
  • 3rd Party Add-On Modification: Added the ability to Bongos to have per bar ShowEmpty settings. Helps layouts look the same as before. The main difference is you no longer have collapsing. (Note: This feature is still a little buggy)
  • 2.0 Conversion: Imported all previous DAB layouts (40) and SAS info (14) into general format and manually adjusted them for translation losses. Decreases memory usage of Mazzifier by about 3.5 megabytes.
  • 2.0 Conversion: Removed mount code from Mazzifier. Gogomount will now handle in a more general way now. It also replaces AQAutoMount. You still use Shift-~ to mount.
  • 2.0 Conversion: Re-did all raid layouts for new sRaidFrames position, which is different than before for some reason. Also, MT windows will now always show target of target of tank, since there is room on the left now with the loss of NeedyList.
  • 2.0 Conversion: Re-implemented all previous overrides that are still applicable
  • 2.0 Conversion: Added several new overrides: Antagonist, Chronometer, DFM, Bongos
  • 2.0 Conversion: ColorComboPoints updated for 2.0 changes.
  • 2.0 Conversion: WhoFavorites updated for 2.0 changes.
  • 2.0 Conversion: AHFavorites updated for 2.0 changes.
  • 2.0 Conversion: xcalc updated for 2.0 changes.
  • 2.0 Conversion: Changed 3d models to use secure templates to allow proper target clicking and party/raid menus. (Tigerheart)
  • Bug Fix: Mazzifier will properly reset Next and Mazzify buttons after performing a mazzification that does not require a reload
  • Settings Change: Most settings updated and changed. Several new add-ons are now Mazzified.
  • Settings Change: Movable bags default position adjusted for layout and new bank bag.
  • Settings Change: Mazzifier will now turn off Guild Recruitment channel auto-joining. Might help people who get disappearing chat frames.
  • Layout Change: Bag, menu and key bars now on right side where NeedyList used to be.
  • Layout Change: Dragon's breath added to mage layout. Spell ordering changed. Some bindings changed.
  • Layout Change: Added page switching binding to hunter's layout.
  • Layout Change: Removed paging from priest layout
  • Add-On Change: Tons.
  • Updated Add-ons: All of them.

01-03-07, 05:32 PM   #615
quietas
A Murloc Raider
Awesome job so far. I've been watching the UI forever it seems. I'll be happy when it's ready again for mass consumption. Test quickly beta peoples. =)

01-03-07, 05:58 PM   #616
Cryptonic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Can we get a screenshot how it looks in 2.0?

01-03-07, 06:23 PM   #617
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, I first typed this on the WoW Boards, until I realized that you said that this forum is for all the technical things. Sorry for the spam, and I have edited the other post so it is simply a bump.

"First off I would like to praise your work and the time you put into this compilation. I haven't even used it yet, and I can tell this is a phenomenal project. I loved Bouvi’s Warlock UI, with its custom artwork, but since Discord hasn’t been fully updated since Patch, I’ve been left in the dust. Stumbling across your UI, I’m simply amazed. The only question I have is, how well does this compilation mesh with Stand-Alones? Obviously I’m not gonna try using ArcHUD2 on, since you have a custom HUD included, but what about something like Auctioneer, or more specifically, Necrosis? Secondly, is it possible to mix-and-match certain parts out? For example, in the In Combat picture, I was inspecting the Combat Log, and while the separation of Damage out and Healing/Damage in made me giddy, what if, for example, I wanted to switch it out and use EavesDrop (what I currently use)? Also, I think I understand the part of Mazzifier “Warns the user of conflict add-ons and other potential problems,” but just to be sure, this function alerts you of two mods conflicting? For example, if Titan and Fubar were installed at the same time?

Thank you for all the work and time you’ve spent with this compilation. I’m sure that once a Release version is downloadable, I’ll be on it like a child with sucrose-addiction in a Mars, Inc. chocolate factory."

01-03-07, 06:29 PM   #618
Zagaroth
A Murloc Raider
Great news there Mazzle! Really looking forward to it.

Any chance in getting some info on how the keys map by default so that i can start getting used to it? Will it be the same as the old ones?

Thanks for all your hard work.

01-03-07, 06:35 PM   #619
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Cryptonic, it looks exactly the same as before.

SilverHand, it really depends on the add-on. Unless you're replacing something very fundamental to the UI, it's usually not a problem.

As for the warning thing, that doesn't really do as much as it used to. So many add-ons have changed since 2.0 that a lot of those conflicts are probably no longer applicable. I need to review that list. I bet half of the add-ons don't even exist anymore.

Also, there are two sets of add-ons that are flagged as conflicts. For one set, it just warns you. For the other set, it disables them when you Mazzify. This latter category was intended more for add-ons that had really big problems, like the Lootster's raid freeze bug that used to drive us crazy. The first category is mostly for users who don't upgrade properly and don't notice that add-ons were removed or replaced.

01-03-07, 06:41 PM   #620
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the reply.

I think I will just play it safe and not touch anything with the word "Mazzle" in it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI