01-01-07, 10:56 AM   #1
wraithpc
A Defias Bandit
Soul Stone Monitor

I've been considering trying to learn how to code Lua myself, unfortunately I don't know where to start So.........

I'm normally dubbed as wipe recovery in our raids, most of the time I'll be asked SS status, or send a tell to our Lock Class lead and let him know its getting low on time, or any other staus.

Ok what the mod would do:

1 Monitor Time left on SoulStone Rez
2 Warn me when Time has reached x.xx
3 Send tell to a specific person and/or a channel when time is x.xx or SS is down
4 Reply to a specific query via pm IE: warlock whispers to you SS, you reply SS has x.xx left or has expired

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would find this usefull, I do miss the tells sometimes, or the fact it has expired, not often, but often enough that this would be a great add-on...

In my searching I've only found mods that are used by the lock, and unfortunately most all of these that i've seen only keep track of the Stoned party via a timer on the locks end, this does not take into account multiple locks, or unobserved deaths..

Last edited by wraithpc : 01-01-07 at 10:58 AM.
01-01-07, 07:33 PM   #2
Elayneff
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While my mod doesn't respond to tells asking the time, and does a few things more than what you're after (Banish timers, mainly), it does seem to do most of what you're after.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5640

It will keep track of all the Soulstones cast in the raid (not just your own) and also all the Banishes from the raid (though it doesn't currently remove the timer if the spell doesn't successfully cast--working on it).

The mod will also automatically broadcast to a certain channel (party, raid, channel, etc.) or in tells to a certain person when each soulstone expires. The function can be disabled, so if multiple people use the mod, it won't make too much spam.

If someone asks for the time, you can also click a button to send the current time and Soulstone target to the channel (only the one specified for expired messages though, I'm afraid). It also shows all of the soulstones up at the time, so if you want to send more than one, or a specific timer to chat, you can do so.

When multiple people are using the mod, it also communicates with others when you cast the Soulstone, to ensure accuracy of the soulstone target and time.

(Similar functions are done for the Banish timers, but it doesn't display exact time but shows the time as a bar that changes color as the timer gets closer to expiring. The soulstone timers are just text though.)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Soul Stone Monitor