09-16-24, 01:52 AM   #1
dankanst
A Murloc Raider
Addon/command that automatically saves eqipped items to the eqipment set?

Alright fellas, imagine this:
You play 2 specs, or have 2 builds on the same spec, or you're simply a PvPer for example, that means you need at least 2 item sets to accompany you if you want to switch specs on the fly and have gear with optimized stats for these specific talent loadouts. There are macros that can load your talents and equip your item sets in one click, which is awesome cause it makes for example switching from an AoE PvE build to a single target PvP build as simple as clicking the macro keybind, but when playing the game and getting gear upgrades, you have to manually enter the charater tab, click on equipment manager, click on the current equiped item set and hit save in order for the game to load the set with the gear upgrade next time, instead of what was already saved for that slot before you found the better item.

You miss this exact process even once, and you may forget that you've got an upgrade, or even worse, sell the item the next day because it's in your bagpack instead of the bag designated for your eqiupment set gear, etc

All I'm asking for is, is there an addon, or a /run macro that can save whatever you've got equipped to a specific item set? Macro for this would be amazing, cause you could bake it in with the macro I already use for talent loadouts and equipping the different sets, so that one button press would:
1. save whatever gear upgrades you've got from that "session" of playing the build
2. start changing your talents to spec2
3. equip the designated item set for spec2 you're switching to

And then when switching specs back to spec1, the macro could also save all the items you've got equipped to the eqiupment set that belongs to spec2, right before equipping the set1 items before the talent switch.

I've searched the internet and nothing came of it, so I'm writing this here in order to see if this aweseome community could come up with something that sloves this issue! Cheers!
09-16-24, 10:54 AM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A big hurdle to an automated saving process is the game doesn't keep track of what your current set is. Gear overlap also does happen a lot while leveling and edge cases start to appear where an automated process would start choosing the wrong equipment set to overwrite, especially if multiple pieces were to be replaced in the intended set.

As there is no existing macro command to save an equipment set. You'll still have to run a Lua script to do the task. Embedding this in a macro eats up a lot of the 255 character limit even if it's possible to compress the code to fit. That's on top of the space you're already using for your existing macro.

My suggestion is a hybrid approach. An addon would register a slash command that you can call from your macro for customizability. This uses the existing EQUIP_SET command as a template.

Lua Code:
  1. function SlashCmdList.SAVE_SET(msg)
  2.     local name=SecureCmdOptionParse(msg);
  3.     if name and name~="" then
  4.         local id=C_EquipmentSet.GetEquipmentSetID(name);
  5.         if id then C_EquipmentSet.SaveEquipmentSet(id); end
  6.     end
  7. end
  8. SLASH_SAVE_SET1="/saveset";

You'll be able to call this from a macro using /saveset. It has macro conditional support through the use of SecureCmdOptionParse().

Example:
Code:
/saveset [spec:1] Tank; DPS
09-18-24, 01:58 PM   #3
dankanst
A Murloc Raider
Build this man a statue!!
Works like a charm, thank you so much!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon/command that automatically saves eqipped items to the eqipment set?