06-26-13, 06:20 PM   #1
watchout
A Fallenroot Satyr
Of course, and I was just confused, not criticizing. Also I just realised that the default Lua style does it the same way - still not sure why though
06-27-13, 05:37 AM   #2
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by watchout View Post
Of course, and I was just confused, not criticizing. Also I just realised that the default Lua style does it the same way - still not sure why though
I think its because self is a basic expression whether you work with basic lua, wow, or w.e
06-30-13, 01:08 PM   #3
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Updated!

Not fully working Global Detection, but functions should detect global and local properly.
Improved Parameters Highlighting - should work properly.

Screenshot Twilight ColorScheme:
(RainRiders Example)

Screenshot WoWBeauty ColorScheme:
(RainRiders Example)

Last edited by fRodzet : 06-30-13 at 01:11 PM.
06-30-13, 01:18 PM   #4
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I also got this when cloning the repository:
###@### ~/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Packages
$ git clone https://github.com/frodzet/WoWDevelopment.git
Cloning into WoWDevelopment...
remote: Counting objects: 5337, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (73/73), done.
remote: Total 5337 (delta 5274), reused 5318 (delta 5264)Receiving objects: 92%
Receiving objects: 93% (4964/5337), 460.00 KiB | 166 KiB/s
Receiving objects: 100% (5337/5337), 517.26 KiB | 166 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (5274/5274), done.
error: unable to create file Reference/Widget Reference/Widget API/Model-SetLigh
t(enabled, omni, dirX, dirY, dirZ, ambIntensity [, ambR [, ambG [, ambB [, dirIn
tensity [, dirR [, dirG [, dirB]]]]]]]).sublime-snippet (No such file or directo
ry)
Try again now and report back to me if you still have the same problem.. I tried to clone the rep to my laptop aswell as my iMac, seems to work just fine.. if the error still occours i'll remove the file and re-upload it

EDIT: It was a bug with the name..

Last edited by fRodzet : 06-30-13 at 01:31 PM.
06-30-13, 04:08 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Last commit is a little broken for me

Some screenshots to illustrate.
Left side is Sublime3 with latest package, Right side is LDT 1.0 (Koneki Lua Development Tools)
First side by side is my targetAssist addon, second one my TalentSwap addon (here are more obvious issues, a special characters escape pattern I have near the top breaks highlighting for the rest of the file)
But you can also see on the first comparison how LDT does local vs global (local is normal grey, global is bold black)
Off-topic, LDT doesn't have a Wow API highlight package but it does Lua highlighting, code folding, formatting etc better than any editor I've used.

Last edited by Dridzt : 06-30-13 at 04:18 PM.
06-30-13, 05:13 PM   #6
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Last commit is a little broken for me

Some screenshots to illustrate.
Left side is Sublime3 with latest package, Right side is LDT 1.0 (Koneki Lua Development Tools)
First side by side is my targetAssist addon, second one my TalentSwap addon (here are more obvious issues, a special characters escape pattern I have near the top breaks highlighting for the rest of the file)
But you can also see on the first comparison how LDT does local vs global (local is normal grey, global is bold black)
Ty for sharing, i'll take a look into how it operates.. However as mentioned, mine only works for functions atm, like: function some_func_name(some_arg) <- Global. function something:something(arg) <- Local. local function some_func_name(some_arg) <- local... This is also only supported for the Chocolate scheme. I however like the idea of bolding and making globals black. In order to make the program detect every kind of global/local is a longer task, working on it already.

I see the problem on the second picture, i might have forgotten an escape character or forgot to put in or remove a boundary or something. Imma take a look into it tomorrow.

Last edited by fRodzet : 06-30-13 at 05:45 PM.
06-30-13, 06:25 PM   #7
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry I wasn't clear, I only picked the iPlastic scheme to make comparison easier.
The same issues are present with the WoWBeauty one.

Take your time, I think we don't need to be repeating with every post how much your work is appreciated.
There's no pressure here.
07-07-13, 09:18 AM   #8
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
I saw it in the dropdown, but you didn't select it. What happens when you choose an event name? What gets printed?

Also, excuse me if this was mentioned; I didn't see it. I see you've got plans for types. What about parameters to functions that must be one of a set of values?

Examples:
chatType in SendChatMessage
filter in UnitAura (Though, this one acts like bitwise flags.)

You could even support...

frameType in CreateFrame

...if only for the base UI types.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » BETA - WoW Development Package ready for download.