11-18-11, 02:13 PM   #1
MrsAngelD
A Murloc Raider

QuestGuru

QuestGuru Doesn't do much but what it does do, it does well.

Enhanced quest display in the log
Built-in announcer with customizable messages
Quest progress sounds
Custom Tracker which can be used independantly of QuestGuru, or in conjunction for full functionality

Sadly, for his own personal reasons, the original developer has ceased working on Questguru.

He left this message in the comments:
Originally Posted by mrobrian
Hey guys,

I'm sorry QuestGuru broke so quickly after I quit playing. There is a lot of drama going on in my life right now and for time and financial reasons I had to cancel my WoW subscription and don't have time to work on QuestGuru.

I would encourage other programmers to branch off other addons using QG as a starting point. I had taken a break like this before and ended up coming back. I'm not sure if that will happen this time; I do have a lot of time invested in this project and I'd hate to see it die.

I will leave this project here as long as possible so others can grab the code, if they want. And who knows, maybe at some point in the future I'll pick it back up again.
I think the only thing missing from this sweet little addon is the ability to right-click on quests in the quest tracker and send way points to tomtom. I can't code and I really hate to see this little beauty fall to the way side. So I was hoping that somebody here might be interested in picking up this little addon and giving it the finishing touches. It seems a shame to have this wonderful little addon disappear.

thanks,
Angel

Last edited by MrsAngelD : 11-18-11 at 02:18 PM.
11-18-11, 07:02 PM   #2
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Ditto.. this is one my favorite mods! Like yu said it dont do much but what it dose is great. Nothing i found seems to take its place.
12-01-11, 03:36 PM   #3
MrsAngelD
A Murloc Raider

Really wish somebody would take this on
12-01-11, 05:19 PM   #4
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
YES ! !!!
This is one my must have mods. Ya there others out there but none do it like this. Or are why more/less what need or want.
12-12-11, 01:52 AM   #5
Gregity
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have updated QuestGuru for 4.3 and fixed a bug or two. Take a look if you liked using the QuestGuru previously.

-g
01-10-12, 10:32 AM   #6
MrsAngelD
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Gregity View Post
I have updated QuestGuru for 4.3 and fixed a bug or two. Take a look if you liked using the QuestGuru previously.

-g
Thank you so much for updating it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » QuestGuru