01-18-11, 10:02 AM   #1
Oreofox
A Murloc Raider
Is this possible with oUF?

Hi there. I am completely new to lua and coding for the most part. I have looked at Zork's tutorial and read through a few threads in this section of the forums. Now, for my question. Is it possible with oUF, to have the elite gold dragon and the rare silver dragon on the unit frames? I ask this because just about every single unit frame addon out there (and many ouf layouts) has either a "+" to denote elite, "rare+" to denote rare elite, "elite" to denote elite, and "rare" to show it's a rare.

The dragons are about the only thing I like from the default frames, and would like to be able to replicate such a thing on the layout that I plan to create. Now, for the second half of the question: If it is possible, do I need to do anything extra, or would I be able to just get them to show with regular code in a config file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
01-18-11, 01:19 PM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
You can do this with oUF.

With the current oUF release you have to inject a function into the frame.__elements table, which toggles the texture. With 1.5.6 (which isn't released) you can do this updating through frame:{Pre,Post}Update().

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Is this possible with oUF?