12-28-10, 10:39 PM   #1
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
Area did not reveal?

Hey I revealed an area that opened up on the "official" map and I even got the achievement mark for it but it still remains "unexplored"/dark in Carbonite. Any way to fix this?

Thanks!

12-29-10, 09:40 PM   #2
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
Specifically in Dun Morogh the Shimmer Ridge is the area that remains dark on the Carbonite map but is revealed on the default map as well as being noted as discovered by the the exploring achievement.

Any ideas how to "reveal" this area in Carbonite's map? Thanks!

Maybe a way to reset Carbonite so that can "rescan" my explored areas or something?

Last edited by AstroCat : 12-30-10 at 12:05 PM.

12-30-10, 11:03 PM   #3
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
Had it happen again in the Hinterlands... default map and game register ok but Cabronite still shows the area unexplored. Something up with Carbonite I imagine, at this point...

12-30-10, 11:21 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Go back and run around those small areas again, and they will open up on the Carbonite maps. I had the same thing happen to me in two separate zones in WotLK. Got the explore achievement, and the zones uncovered on Blizzards maps, but each had a small area on the Carbonite maps that was still hidden. All I had to do was go to those areas and run around a little bit, and it opened them up on Carbs maps too. I don't know why that is, though.

01-03-11, 07:43 PM   #5
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
I ran all over every inch of Shimmer Ridge and its still dark. Any ideas how to fix this? All the rest of the zone is showing fine.

01-04-11, 02:34 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
I ran all over every inch of Shimmer Ridge and its still dark. Any ideas how to fix this? All the rest of the zone is showing fine.
Not I, unfortunately. All I know is what worked for me when I had that happen in WotLK. I haven't had it happen in Cataclysm yet.

Sorry.

Hopefully, someone can give you the answer to your problem.

01-05-11, 04:53 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
Look at the achievement and see what the name of the undiscovered place(s) is. Then look up just what and where the place is on a place like Wowhead. Occasionally one of the discovery requirements is something that's very specific, like a particular building or, in the case of Vashj'ir, I could imagine a particular shellfish.

Nevermind me... forgot this thread was about actually having discovered it, but not showing as discovered on the map. I'm clueless then.

01-05-11, 07:54 AM   #8
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
Yeah it is 100% discovered and I have the achievement for the region but this one area is not uncovered in Carbonite. It is uncovered in the normal default map. I need Carbonite somehow to recognize that I have it explored like the rest of the game does.

01-05-11, 11:51 AM   #9
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

It sounds like we've got some extra map overlay pieces that were once in the game (maybe near the end of beta) but have since been removed. We'll rebuild the overlays for these zones and they should go away.

01-05-11, 04:19 PM   #10
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
Hey thanks for the response and the update on a fix!

01-09-11, 02:29 PM   #11
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
Just to verify we had the same issue happen on another system.

02-10-11, 07:03 AM   #12
AstroCat
An Aku'mai Servant
Well, your latest patch fixed this but WoW's latest patch broke it again. The area is once again covered up. Any chance to "re-fix" this?

Thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Area did not reveal?