11-17-10, 06:05 PM   #1
Io Albina Neko
A Defias Bandit
Gear/Steampunk textures/UI package

I'm a bit given to tl;dr, so I'll try to make this short and sweet: Being that my main is an engineer and I kind of have a thing for GEARS omg gears are awesome and steampunkish stuff and all, I'd like to construct myself a UI with that sort of theme.

Alas, I cannot seem to find textures, mods, or packages along those lines. Imagine my disappointment when I stumbled across this old site only to find that the media gallery it was using is long gone and only the thumbnails of the textures remain! It's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any sort of graphics or mods like this? I'm a little desperate and will love you forever if you do. The only thing I've found is a ButtonFacade skin! Must... have... perfect UI... for Cata...
11-17-10, 06:40 PM   #2
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Io Albina Neko View Post
I'm a bit given to tl;dr, so I'll try to make this short and sweet: Being that my main is an engineer and I kind of have a thing for GEARS omg gears are awesome and steampunkish stuff and all, I'd like to construct myself a UI with that sort of theme.

...snip....[/size]

I've been looking, and making my own texture (which I suck at). So mine never end up quite what I want and i end up reverting back to an old UI. You can find some older stuff around but it doesnt fit the newer wow textures and whatnot.

However have you ever checked out the vehicle UI graphics? They are very mechanical and some of them could almost be called steampunk. Goblin + Gnome stuff tends to work well. I might suggest you take a look at those and go from there. You can dl the newest blizzard art packs and look around in them till you find what you are looking for.

GL
11-17-10, 06:50 PM   #3
Io Albina Neko
A Defias Bandit
You mean the new vehicle UI they're adding for the expansion? I didn't even think to check that out. I'll take a look and see if I can tinker with it; thank you for the suggestion!

Even if there are some older graphics around... I'm not that picky at this point. XD;
11-17-10, 06:52 PM   #4
Unkn
Premium Member

The new cata vehicle UI as well as the wrath ones. Along with the overlays that the vehicles add to the basic wow unit frames. Theres alot of neat art there.
11-21-10, 12:23 PM   #5
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=18824

I had some ideas so i thought id help out.
11-21-10, 12:29 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Not sure how much of this will be useful but back in the days of EQ there was an animated UI that used lots of gears and such.

Here's a link for you. You might be able to pillage some of the art in the folders.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads...fo.php?id=2271

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 11-21-10 at 12:32 PM.
11-21-10, 02:16 PM   #7
Io Albina Neko
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=18824

I had some ideas so i thought id help out.
I JUST saw that and squealed in a fit of unadulterated glee! Thank you thank you thank you! ♥

MidgetMage: Oh man, that's some pretty sweet art too. Looks like I'd have to pick apart some of the art, but it should be plenty usable. :3

Thank you all so much!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Gear/Steampunk textures/UI package