11-02-10, 02:52 AM   #1
Rixxon
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Earth Shield - missing

Hy everybody,

i'm looking for an addon witch shows me when earth shield is missing.

something like a Button comes up when the earth shield is lover than 2

I searching a lot but i dont find anything like that.
11-02-10, 02:57 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Personally I use Power Auras Classic for that.

Just set up an icon, graphic, or text (my personal preference) to check party and raid members for a buff named Earth Shield, when stacks are > 2, and then click the "invert" button so the graphic shows up when Earth Shield is not on a target with more than two stacks remaining.

Also might be worth checking "cast by me", in case you end up raiding with another resto shaman.

11-02-10, 07:51 AM   #3
Rixxon
A Fallenroot Satyr

can you give me a copy of your setting ?

i try but i think i'm stupid..
11-02-10, 10:01 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

For personal reasons, I opt not to upload any SavedVariables folders or files.

It looks complicated to begin with, I know, but play around with it a bit and you'll get the hang of it. Try several different buffs to watch, learn when something shows and when it doesn't, and get the hang of the "inverted" function (which is what you want for warning when something is missing).

What I can do, is give a detailed description of how I'd set up a "missing Earth Shield" display on my shaman.

1. Type /powa in the chat window to open the Power Auras interface.
  2. Click the "New" button.
  3. Check "Text Aura" and type in "Earth Shield missing!" in the below editbox.
  4. Click the "[T]" button and select "Starcraft-Normal" as the font.
  5. Adjust size and positioning until I'm satisfied (if the text doesn't show up, make sure you press enter after entering "Earth Shield missing!", and if it still doesn't appear, left click the questionmark icon in the main Power Auras interface).
  6. In the Activation tab, select "Buff" from the dropdown list, and in the stacks editbox, type in ">2".
  7. Quick recap here - the addon is currently set to show the text when the buff is present and has more than two stacks remaining.
  8. In the editbox below the dropdown selection, I fill in the buff name to look for - "Earth Shield".
  9. I check "Invert", meaning I put a big "not" in front of the conditions I entered above.
  10. Now the text will show when the buff is NOT present or when its stacks are NOT higher than two. This is what we wanted.
  11. The rest is optional, but I tend to make sure there's a cross in the checkboxes for "Resting", "Mounted", and "In Vehicle", meaning Power Auras won't display the text when in a town or inn, on a mount, or in a vehicle (such as in the first section of Ulduar or the third phase of Eye of Eternity).
  12. I also make sure there's a check in the boxes for "Alive", "In Party", "In Raid", and "Cast by me". This means that, in turn, the text will only show when you're not dead, you are in a party or a raid, and when the Earth Shield in question is from you and not some other resto shaman.
  13. Since Restoration is my secondary spec, I also make sure the checkmark is only for "Spec 2", and not "Spec 1".
  14. After that, I just close the Power Auras interface, and I'm done.

Hopefully this has been helpful to you. There's a lot more Power Auras Classic can do for you - play sounds, animate graphics, show duration of buffs and debuffs - but I'll let you experiment with that on your own.

11-02-10, 12:24 PM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Jigain, just an FYI, there's an "Export" feature in PAC that lets you copy/paste the settings for a single specific aura out.
11-02-10, 12:55 PM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Right, I forgot about that.

Regardless, I hadn't set up an Earth Shield tracker on my shaman yet anyway - just got the dual spec yesterday and haven't gotten around to healing with it yet.

11-02-10, 05:15 PM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Yeah, I haven't done it quite yet either. Need to get around to it. Hell, need to get around to trying out healing in 4.0 on the shammy.
11-02-10, 11:02 PM   #8
Rixxon
A Fallenroot Satyr

hello,

i testet it and it looks like to make a mistake again.

the text despawn if i select the player who has the shield but if i select a other player who hasn't my shield the text comes up.

the shield isn't an aura. so i think thats it. if i set the player to my focus and check my fokus everything runs very well. but i have most of my time the boss in focus to check what he's doing.

in wow version 3.xx i have shamwow_enhancer maybe jo know the addon.
but it is not up to date and i don't think that anyone make it up to date.
11-03-10, 12:39 AM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

You can use Need To Know. I use it myself for the same thing, although it will not show you it unless you have the target selected, or have the tank marked as your focus.

Last edited by Nobgul : 11-03-10 at 12:41 AM.
11-03-10, 12:43 AM   #10
MoonWitch
A Firelord
I personally use ShieldsUp by Phanx. It extremely simple. In combat - you get a number on your screen (middle) with the number of charges on your shield
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ShieldsUp.html
11-03-10, 12:54 AM   #11
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

nice addon suggestion. If i wasn't already using need to know that would be the addon i would use.
11-03-10, 02:16 AM   #12
Rixxon
A Fallenroot Satyr

hey thx

i try it with shields up

thx 4 help
11-06-10, 09:20 AM   #13
Slaxi81
Wink

Have a Look at Totemtimers too, for an AllInOne Mod "Solution"
11-20-10, 03:50 AM   #14
Rixxon
A Fallenroot Satyr

learning by doing ^^

Ihr hattet natürlich vollkommen recht hab hier mal die Einstellung gepostet. Müsst nur den Specc angeben.
Mein Problem war von Anfang an das "Irgendeiner" dies hab ich auf das Specc bezogen und in wirklichkeit steht der begriff für genau das was ich brauche um den Buff entsprechend anzeigen zu lassen. ^^

Da mein Englisch nicht so der brüller is hab ich es mal in Deutsch geschrieben.
Sorry ^^

Set=Heilung@
Aura[1]=Version:4.6; b:0.0588; g:0; icon:Spell_Nature_SkinofEarth; buffname:Erdschild; groupany:false; alpha:1; owntex:true; isResting:0; mine:true; spec2:false; PvP:true; size:0.26; y:-220; texmode:2; inverse:true@

Aura[2]=Version:4.6; b:0.0275; g:0; icon:Spell_Nature_SkinofEarth; buffname:Erdschild; owntex:true; mine:true; spec2:false; groupOrSelf:true; PvP:false; size:0.25; y:-220; texmode:2; inverse:true@

Aura[3]=Version:4.6; b:0; g:0.6; stacksLower:1; icon:Spell_Nature_SkinofEarth; buffname:Erdschild; stacks:2; owntex:true; mine:true; stacksOperator:-; spec2:false; groupOrSelf:true; PvP:false; size:0.25; y:-220; texmode:2; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.Relative:CENTER; stacks.Transparent:true; stacks.UseOwnColor:true; stacks.h:2; stacks.Texture:AccidentalPresidency@

Aura[4]=Version:4.6; b:0.9451; g:0.9765; stacksLower:3; icon:Spell_Nature_SkinofEarth; buffname:Erdschild; stacks:9; owntex:true; mine:true; stacksOperator:-; spec2:false; groupOrSelf:true; PvP:false; size:0.25; y:-220; texmode:2; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.Relative:CENTER; stacks.Transparent:true; stacks.UseOwnColor:true; stacks.h:2; stacks.Texture:AccidentalPresidency@

Aura[5]=Version:4.6; icon:Spell_Nature_SkinofEarth; buffname:Erdschild; x:3; aurastext:%u; mine:true; textaura:true; spec2:false; groupOrSelf:true; aurastextfont:18; PvP:false; y:-260; finish:0@

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Earth Shield - missing