11-15-10, 01:49 AM   #1
kannj69
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Carbonite World Map

Hi,

I've used Carbonite for a fair while (including when it used to be paid.. wonderful product btw).

However, recently, I've noticed an annoying problem.

Carbonite is correctly handling my mini-map fine.

However, when I press 'M' to go to the World Map, I only have two options available of which I don't like either:

- Mini-Map maximises inside a small window where the mini-map is, or
- Original WoW World Map appears.

For one of my chars, it works correctly and displays a third option that I want for all my chars:

- A larger Carbonite-based World Map that displays Fog of War as dark overlay but can still see under it

Any ideas what is going wrong?

This is in the same WoW account on the same computer, so no Carbonite version differences.

Driving me bonkers. None of the settings seem to fit right with what needs to be done.

11-15-10, 07:00 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

By default, Carbonite toggles between maximized and minimized at the press of the minimap hotkey button (default: M). These two maps can be adjusted independently, and is saved on a per-character basis.

It sounds to me like your maximized Carbonite map has been resized (intentionally or unintentionally) to be close to the same size as your minimized Carbonite map. Try pulling one of them out to the middle of the screen and resizing it, then toggle between them with M until you find a setup for both maps that you feel comfortable with.

Alternatively, if you have one character that you're happy with both maps on, you can open the Warehouse (chest button on the Carb map), right click that character's name, and select Import settings. You can also access this feature from the Carbonite options menu (which includes importing settings from other realms too). This will import all character-specific settings, including map size and positioning.

11-15-10, 10:26 AM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Erm. It's not two maps, it's one map. It's just displaying at different sizes, depending on the M-key toggle.

11-15-10, 10:51 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Two maps, two map setups... I think I explained it detailed enough to make it understandable regardless of the wording.

11-15-10, 05:18 PM   #5
kannj69
A Defias Bandit
Smile

*huggies to Jigain*

Thank you.. That fixed it right up.

I didn't realise that somehow, the 'world map' version had been resized down and I just needed to stretch it out.

Once I did that, I used the Import thing for my main and alts.

11-16-10, 03:57 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

No worries.

You can also, using the Warehouse, right click the character you want as a standard setup and choose to Export to all your characters.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite World Map