10-13-10, 09:34 AM   #1
rayvio
A Defias Bandit
similar to ItemRacks 'item slot' bar

sadly 4.0.1 seems to have completely killed off the already endangered ItemRack addon. there's a few alternatives for building item sets but I can't seem to find any that give the most important feature ItemRack had; the item-slot bar

in ItemRack you could alt-click an item slot on your character sheet to create a button on a new bar. hovering over that button would pop up a list of all the items in your inventory that can fit into that slot, making swapping trinkets, weapons, etc very easy and convenient
this is the function I'm looking for. if anyone could please suggest an alternative I'd be extremely grateful
10-13-10, 10:04 AM   #2
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
ya i hope this ones not dead.I love it. Whin you play with many differant weapons having to open my bags to change them around is a pain in the butt. I hope it gets some love.
10-13-10, 10:04 AM   #3
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, the default interface allows you now to hold Alt, and a bar with all possible alternatives for a slot will appear. If, like me, you don't find the default Equipment Manager to be good enough, you can always get Outfitter. Then you just click the item in the slot as if you're going to drop it in a bag, and that will pop up a similar alternatives bar. Good luck!
10-13-10, 12:34 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Gello has also made Equip Manager Extras as an alternative (not a replacement) to his ItemRack. I even linked it as an alternative to ItemRack on our Survival Guide page.
http://www.wowinterface.com/survivalguide.php

And, as Jzar said, the default UI has the behavior you seek (though not in bar form) since the Equipment Manager was added.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-14-10, 03:34 PM   #5
rayvio
A Defias Bandit
thanks for the suggestions, although I really wanted it as a bar, but it seems nothing does that
10-14-10, 06:08 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
How about this? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...smandLive.html

An experiment of Gello's picked up by Hoern for Cataclysm.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-10, 01:11 PM   #7
Iolanthe
An Aku'mai Servant

I use Character Equip Popout Buttons. I got it when I moved from ItemRack to the default equipment manager. It works just fine on 4.0.1 even though it hasn't been updated yet.

Last edited by Iolanthe : 10-15-10 at 01:17 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » similar to ItemRacks 'item slot' bar