07-16-10, 05:57 PM   #1
pantera989
A Murloc Raider
Mapster and caelNamePlates problems.

I installed the LUI interface pack and am having problems with Mapster still showing the old map frame, and caelNamePlates (I think) self and target bars are messed up (party frames are fine).

Heres a screenshot of what it's doing:
07-16-10, 05:59 PM   #2
AxnJackson11
A Fallenroot Satyr
i have no answer for you but i think you would have better luck at www.wow-lui.com and posting it in the forums there.
07-16-10, 06:05 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Which version of LUI did you install, and which version of WoW (and locale/language) are you running?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-16-10, 06:39 PM   #4
pantera989
A Murloc Raider
I clicked the forums link on the LUI website and this is where it sent me.

LUI version is v3.025 and WoW is english on US/oceanic servers version 3.3.5.12340
07-16-10, 08:20 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
First, make sure that you have "Load Out of Date Addons" checked on the addons menu. If that doesn't help, then try deleting everything and reinstalling again from scratch.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-16-10, 08:29 PM   #6
pantera989
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the replies, I've tried reinstalling the addon, and deleting my cache and WTF folders.

I also forgot to note that it was working fine for the first 2-3 days then just started doing this, no changes to my computer or addons have been made in this time.
07-16-10, 09:45 PM   #7
pantera989
A Murloc Raider
Just found out my girlfriend did a system restore on my computer yesterday and just decided to tell me.

I've reinstalled the addons etc but it's still doing it, is there anything else I need to do after a system restore to get addons working again?
07-17-10, 10:16 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Double-check that you don't have two copies of WoW installed... Maybe you're updating the copies in one folder, but you're actually playing the game from another folder (with old addons).

07-17-10, 10:37 AM   #9
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"Font not set" means the font is most likely missing. I don't know if LUI is using/includes SharedMedia. If so, I would check if it's correctly installed or if it's the correct SharedMedia version from his UI. Otherwise I would try to find out why the fonts are missing, where they should be, ...

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

07-17-10, 10:37 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah yes - just realized I didn't get an answer about "Load Out of Date AddOns"...

07-17-10, 01:18 PM   #11
pantera989
A Murloc Raider
Load out of date addons is checked, ill try and see if there is more then one version of WoW on my computer.

Is there somewhere outside of the WoW directory that it saves settings, because even after deleting interface and WTF folders, then reinstalling the Addons it seems to remember all my settings for the addons.
07-17-10, 02:38 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Then you definitely have two places on your computer for this stuff. You either have WoW installed into Program Files on your Vista/Win7 computer (which is not recommended, and not the default install path) and are running into UAC issues, or you do have two copies of WoW.

07-17-10, 03:24 PM   #13
pantera989
A Murloc Raider
My wow install is in C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft
Did a s search on my computer for "World of Warcraft" and only came up with the above instal and some stuff in C:\ProgramData\..\

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mapster and caelNamePlates problems.