06-04-10, 12:40 PM   #1
calif94577
A Defias Bandit
Map fail

If Im in one continent (eg. eastern kingdoms) i cant zoom in on any other continent (like kalimador or outlands ect...) How do i fix that?

06-04-10, 01:08 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Put your cursor over the part of the map you want to "zoom" and scroll the mouse wheel. Forward zooms in, backward zooms out. You may have to "drag" the map to see the part you want.

If this doesn't work for you, I'm at a loss because it's always worked that way for me.

06-04-10, 01:10 PM   #3
calif94577
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Put your cursor over the part of the map you want to "zoom" and scroll the mouse wheel. Forward zooms in, backward zooms out. You may have to "drag" the map to see the part you want.

If this doesn't work for you, I'm at a loss because it's always worked that way for me.
yea i know how to zoom in and out. It just doesnt load the terrain like it does on the continent i currently am in. I tried going to a different continent to see if it was that map or had to load it but same thing happened. I could zoom in to the current continent but not in to any others.

06-04-10, 10:39 PM   #4
PersephanieTwistingNether
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by calif94577 View Post
yea i know how to zoom in and out. It just doesnt load the terrain like it does on the continent i currently am in. I tried going to a different continent to see if it was that map or had to load it but same thing happened. I could zoom in to the current continent but not in to any others.
ZOMG I am having the exact same prob! Say im in Dalaran and i want to fly to sholazar bason if i max my map and try to view sholazar to see which fp i want to fly to i cant because nothing shows up in that area at all, but if i fly there and then try to say fly to another area say crystalsong woods nothing shows up in crystalsong or dalaran or anywhere except sholazar. or what ever area i am in.

this is not happening on all my toons but most of them it is. Maybe a setting got changed or something? i tried to redownload and i tried to reset all settings. and nothing works plz help us!

06-05-10, 09:39 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, honestly, I'm stumped. I've never experienced this problem, so don't know what to do about it. Does this also happen if Carbonite is the only enabled addon?

The only thing I can think of that will completely reset Carbonite (and I really don't think it's necessary except in extreme situations) is to go to "Path To Your WoW Folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables" and either rename or delete the two files named "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak". BE AWARE that doing this WILL completely reset your Carbonite installation. It will look and act as if you have just installed it for the very first time, since these files hold Carbonite's set up information.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-05-10 at 09:52 PM.

06-15-10, 08:06 AM   #6
Shaker5585
A Defias Bandit
for some reason when i entered the outlands(my char is lvl 60) i am unable to see any quest objectives on my lil map please help

06-15-10, 09:49 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Shaker5585 View Post
for some reason when i entered the outlands(my char is lvl 60) i am unable to see any quest objectives on my lil map please help
Does this happen only in Outlands? You might want to make sure the green radio button on your Quest Watch header is still "bright" green, and that you didn't accidentally turn it "off". You might also want to make sure you are using the most current version of Carbonite. Most current version is Carbonite 3.33.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-15-10 at 09:52 AM.

06-24-10, 08:08 PM   #8
jlbarfield
A Kobold Labourer
Thanx

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Does this happen only in Outlands? You might want to make sure the green radio button on your Quest Watch header is still "bright" green, and that you didn't accidentally turn it "off". You might also want to make sure you are using the most current version of Carbonite. Most current version is Carbonite 3.33.
Thank you! This wasn't my problem, but it was the solution to my problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map fail