11-05-09, 05:52 AM   #1
bimmer16
A Kobold Labourer
Very strange pvp addon problem

Hi and welcome to a very odd case of WTF.

Recently ive been running TOTC25 with 60 - 50 fps solid

But when i go to pvp my wow frezzes in some very strange ways, like a macro is suddely draining all the RAM, but my addon that displays RAM usage says that the number one is Questhelper (Which isent shown) with 24.5 RAM

Im useing:
Atlasloot
Roth's UI
Leatrix Bags
Clique
Fortexcorsist

Personally i blame forte, but im not sure. HELP !
11-05-09, 07:31 AM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you mean "wintergrasp" when you say "pvp" than don't worry. Wintergrasp is a lagfest. It doesn't seem to be an issue with your computer's performance, because once it ends, it runs again smoothly for me.

1. You join the battle > your ping is still fine, but sometimes the screen freezes for a short time, etc. > lag
2. Wintergrasp ends > same second (with still the same amount of people around) > no lags anymore

At least that's how it is for me and that seems to be a server side issue, imho.

Besides of that, I would disable PvE (incl auctions etc) addons when you want to PvP for more than 30minutes.
11-06-09, 12:31 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Does it still give you issues if you remove (not disable, delete) AtlasLoot? Personally, I can't run AtlasLoot. It causes my FPS to spike and drop down to 1, which causes my entire game to freeze up. There's only a few addons that do this to my machine, AtlasLoot is one of them.
11-07-09, 12:58 PM   #4
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Pet is right. AtlasLoot is one of the largest addons to date. Installing that almost requires you to have a top notch computer in order to run WoW at a good framerate in a PVP Match.

Disable or even Delete AtlasLoot, alt tab out and use WowHead instead, it's alot more in depth.

Also, if your 80, I recommend disabling QuestHelper on your main character, as it'll be easier on your computer. Anything you can do to minimize the strain on your computer makes World of Warcraft alot better. Roth's UI is great as far as minimalism for memory, just keep that up. There are many alternatives that are much smaller than Quest Helper.

Last edited by iSylvir : 11-07-09 at 01:00 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Very strange pvp addon problem