06-05-09, 12:34 PM   #1
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Inventory addon akin to Baud Manifest (also RE: cargBags)

I'm a fan of Baud Manifest and have grown attached to having a list-like bag addon. There are some things I don't like about it though. The way it stores it's settings makes it a pain to share them with multiple characters and I'd much prefer something a little more appealing and lightweight. Something possibly like cargBags with a little lua editting and greater flexibility and customization.

I'm wondering how difficult an experienced coder would think making a cargBags plugin for list-like inventory display would be. Would anyone like to take a stab at it? I'd really love a plugin like that.
06-05-09, 01:37 PM   #2
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'd really like to know if this works with the current cargBags-state, because it's my ultimate goal to allow this kind of customization - and I really don't have any clue if it could work without a rewrite or not

I would try it, but I'm very busy at the moment with just maintaining my addons in my spare time - maybe I'll give it a start, but I would just provide a code base and no updating or maintaing.
So, if someone else wants to try it, here you go
If you've got any questions or feature-req's on the core-addon, just drop some PM or write in the cargBags-thread.

Oh hai!
06-05-09, 05:47 PM   #3
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I actually started on something like this yesterday, but honestly my Lua skills are incredibly lacking and I wasn't sure I'd actually get anywhere. Tried both with CargBags and a standalone addon.

I also really liked BaudManifest for the time that I used it, but still found it lacking in some areas. This is how I feel about every bag addon out there, so I finally sat down, taking inspiration from a bunch of different addons, and tried to think up some innovation.

As I said, however, my skills are too lacking to bring it into fruition. Time is also another major issue. Might give it another go in the future, but for now, I urge anyone to give it a go! Would love to see more bag addons that are actually decent.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Inventory addon akin to Baud Manifest (also RE: cargBags)