01-06-06, 06:59 PM   #1
Hobolicious
A Murloc Raider
Question Shadow on all fonts

I tried looking through the forums but found not threads about this problem.

Any text I put against a light background will come with a shadow.

I have tried different fonts even some windows fonts, but they all produce the same shadow. went through all the options and couldnt find anything that prevented text from casting a shadow. Any help would be appreciated.. If there is another thread already pointing out a fix for this problem please point me in the right direction.
01-06-06, 08:10 PM   #2
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What mod? What text? Most of the FontStrings in all the Discord mods have a shadow defined in the XML file for visibility. There's no way to programmatically remove it until patch 1.10 goes live. That means you have to edit an XML file.
01-06-06, 08:38 PM   #3
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

I did take the shadow out of the font for myself.. But it also makes it harder to see the lettering.. with the shadow there the littering stands out.. so other wise let it stay so you can see it..
01-06-06, 08:39 PM   #4
Hobolicious
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Yeah Maybe it would have helped if I had specified that it was Discord Unit Frames.

I guess assumed everybody can read my mind. hehe.

Nevertheless, I found out what I was doing wrong. when i scaled up the frame and adjusted the text to it the shadow on the text appeared far behind the text. Instead scaling up the whole frame what I did was made the healthbar/mana bar bigger (which is all i really wanted i didnt want a background or portrait) From there i made the text font bigger and now I can easily read the text now.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Shadow on all fonts