03-02-09, 03:43 PM   #1
forumdemon
A Defias Bandit
Bartender 4 and Steelseries wow mouse

Hi,
i recently purchased the steelseries wow mouse.

i'm having a problem and i donno how to go around it.
i'm using bartender, which offers me more action bars than the normal blizzard UI.

i cannot find a way to assign some of the numerous mouse buttons to action bar buttons that are property of bartender.

the steelseries mouse software only offers to assign buttons to 1 or 2 action bar buttons from the game's default Action bars

anyone know a way around this?

thanks in advance.
03-02-09, 04:06 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The way I worked around this was to assign combinations to each mouse button that isn't being 'picked up' by WoW's keybinding or whatever barmod's keybinding 'detection'.

For example, on my 9 button mouse I use Shift + 1-5 for the buttons not detected. I do this in my mouse's own config software out of game. Then in game I set those key combinations for the abilities (or buttonID#) I want to use with the coresponding mouse button.

Maybe there's a better way, but this way works for me. If someone has another way, I'd be interested as well.
03-02-09, 04:15 PM   #3
Gimbli
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sounds like you need to make sure you have the proper drivers/software installed on your PC for your mouse. Without them, it's not going to recognize the additional buttons on the mouse for input.

After that, if the BT4 "/kb" option doesn't work, you can still enter the keybindings into the WoW Keybindings menu.
03-03-09, 02:27 AM   #4
forumdemon
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Gimbli View Post
Sounds like you need to make sure you have the proper drivers/software installed on your PC for your mouse. Without them, it's not going to recognize the additional buttons on the mouse for input.

After that, if the BT4 "/kb" option doesn't work, you can still enter the keybindings into the WoW Keybindings menu.

i do have the latest driver, and windows does not recognize further than mouse button 4 and 5. only the driver software is able to config those buttons.

bartender's /kb option does not detect mouse clicks from those buttons same does wow's key bindings.

Last edited by forumdemon : 03-03-09 at 02:30 AM.
03-03-09, 02:27 AM   #5
forumdemon
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
The way I worked around this was to assign combinations to each mouse button that isn't being 'picked up' by WoW's keybinding or whatever barmod's keybinding 'detection'.

For example, on my 9 button mouse I use Shift + 1-5 for the buttons not detected. I do this in my mouse's own config software out of game. Then in game I set those key combinations for the abilities (or buttonID#) I want to use with the coresponding mouse button.

Maybe there's a better way, but this way works for me. If someone has another way, I'd be interested as well.
lol explain more plz o0
03-03-09, 08:02 AM   #6
Vilkku
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by forumdemon View Post
lol explain more plz o0
I got a Logitech G9 mouse, but the solution is similar to both mice. In the configuration software of the mouse, you can assign different functions to the buttons of the mouse - I have set it up so that for example tilting the mouse wheel left and right execute hotkeys CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-7 and -8 when wow.exe is running, so in WoW I can simply bind that combination to something and then I can use it by tilting the mouse wheel.

This might be a bit confusing explanation, and I realise that the software for the mice differ. Hopefully this can set you on the right track!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender 4 and Steelseries wow mouse