01-29-09, 05:51 PM   #1
IceShadow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Weird window appearing...

Heya, since the last patch I've been getting this weird box coming up on my screen when I click on items in chat. Usually gear or weapons cause it but I can't seem to figure it out because it is just so random. I can click stuff for a long time before it even happens.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6...1291845kk0.png

I've used this to try to figure out what it is but nothing comes back except 'World Frame', which obviously isn't what the box is.

Code:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage( GetMouseFocus():GetName() );
Tooltip addons I'm using are..

• Cowtip
• Sellfish
• EquipCompare
• Custom UI tooltip TGA

Anyone have any ideas how I could figure this one out? No errors happen when this window comes up, it requires /reloadui to fix it, or logging out and back in.

Edit: Some people might suggest that it is Eepanels2, which I also thought of, except this panel is not unlockable or configurable at all, so it can't be this.
01-29-09, 05:54 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Other people have experienced this on the wowace forums, too. My suggestion to them was to start disabling addons to find the culprit.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-29-09, 06:54 PM   #3
Tuhljin
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could also try using EnumerateFrames() to see what the frame's name is. The addon Spew, with its /spewmouse command, can do this for you.
01-29-09, 08:08 PM   #4
IceShadow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Tuhljin View Post
You could also try using EnumerateFrames() to see what the frame's name is. The addon Spew, with its /spewmouse command, can do this for you.
I tried this and it returned..

1 = "WorldFrame"
2 = "UIParent"
3 = "<Anon>"

I guess it can't find out what it is either. "Anonymous"?
01-29-09, 11:00 PM   #5
Tuhljin
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That just means the frame doesn't have a global name. You'll probably have to do it the way Seerah suggested, then.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Weird window appearing...