11-06-08, 11:30 AM   #321
crassy
A Murloc Raider
Can someone please explain how to set up an anchor button?
And btw, explanation for "linked bars" would be nice too. This addon really requires a manual.

11-06-08, 11:36 AM   #322
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by crassy View Post
Can someone please explain how to set up an anchor button?
And btw, explanation for "linked bars" would be nice too. This addon really requires a manual.
Anchor bars seem to be bugged quite badly right now, I advise not messing with them until the next version is out.

Linked bars are a way of emulating custom states, if your familiar with macro conditionals (things like [target=player] or [combat, help], etc) you dont need them at all, custom states are a bit more flexible than linked bars but they allow people who dont feel comfortable with macros to get more functionality out of Macaroon. There is actually a manual however: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=221&a=faq (the last topic covers linking)

11-06-08, 02:53 PM   #323
Davidjohn
A Murloc Raider
Well, after being away from bar mods for a while, I'm finally coming back and am glad to see Maul is still hard at wok. I have a question though that has always bugged me about key bindings. Is there a way to bind a key to a spell and not the button spot?

For instance, if I want to bind Kick to F but then later want to move it, can I move the spell and the key binding at the same time?

11-06-08, 03:18 PM   #324
NavyFC
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Davidjohn View Post
Well, after being away from bar mods for a while, I'm finally coming back and am glad to see Maul is still hard at wok. I have a question though that has always bugged me about key bindings. Is there a way to bind a key to a spell and not the button spot?

For instance, if I want to bind Kick to F but then later want to move it, can I move the spell and the key binding at the same time?
If you get the Macaroon Xtras package, you can bind spells directly in your spell book. If you have it installed correctly, you will see a green key at the top of your spell book, clicking it will allow you to bind them there without ever having them on a bar. Of course, you could still move them to a bar so that you could easily see cooldowns or whatnot but you wouldn't have to bind them there.

11-06-08, 03:24 PM   #325
Davidjohn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by NavyFC View Post
If you get the Macaroon Xtras package, you can bind spells directly in your spell book. If you have it installed correctly, you will see a green key at the top of your spell book, clicking it will allow you to bind them there without ever having them on a bar. Of course, you could still move them to a bar so that you could easily see cooldowns or whatnot but you wouldn't have to bind them there.
I completely forgot about that feature, thanks a lot.

11-06-08, 06:20 PM   #326
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Has anyone else been having problems recently with Paladins and Macaroon? All of my toons seem to load up fine but my paladin. Every time I log in all my bars are stacked on top of each other in the center of my screen. I'm also always missing all my auras from my bar except for Devotion.

This is starting to get annoying as I have to reset the bars each time I log in. Not too bad normally except that it is starting to get very time consuming.

I did put this in the bug section but wondering if anyone else had the problem and/or possible solutions.

11-06-08, 06:43 PM   #327
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Teaminnovator View Post
Has anyone else been having problems recently with Paladins and Macaroon? All of my toons seem to load up fine but my paladin. Every time I log in all my bars are stacked on top of each other in the center of my screen. I'm also always missing all my auras from my bar except for Devotion.

This is starting to get annoying as I have to reset the bars each time I log in. Not too bad normally except that it is starting to get very time consuming.

I did put this in the bug section but wondering if anyone else had the problem and/or possible solutions.
Make sure you have the latest version of the mod, also save your profile once you've set up your bars so that you wont have to do as much work if it happens again. I've only had this happen to me once and I was able to fix it just by doing /console reloadui (no idea what caused it or why this worked), try that if it happens again.

11-06-08, 10:41 PM   #328
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Feldoth View Post
Make sure you have the latest version of the mod, also save your profile once you've set up your bars so that you wont have to do as much work if it happens again. I've only had this happen to me once and I was able to fix it just by doing /console reloadui (no idea what caused it or why this worked), try that if it happens again.
I've downloaded the latest build, saved it multiple times and done the /reloadui. Yet each time I log in I need to reset each of the bars and when i try to load up my old profile it just puts the bars back in the middle.

11-07-08, 03:06 AM   #329
Valerian
A Kobold Labourer
Help

Heyho
I downloaded Macaroon today and I like it
But i have 1 Question
How can i use the hotkeys? Like on the Blizzard original bars (1 2 3 4 5 and so on)

Thx for help and sry for my bad english

11-07-08, 08:29 AM   #330
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Valerian View Post
Heyho
I downloaded Macaroon today and I like it
But i have 1 Question
How can i use the hotkeys? Like on the Blizzard original bars (1 2 3 4 5 and so on)

Thx for help and sry for my bad english
You can go to the Button Binding menu. Click on that then you can set up all your hot keys how ever you wish. ESC will clear the binding. You can also use SHIFT/ALT/CTRL with your key bindings also.

11-09-08, 01:47 AM   #331
betabry
A Kobold Labourer
Macaroon xp/rep bar gone?

Hi,
I recently set up everything on one of my characters and copied over all the WTF settings to another toon so I wouldn't have to move everything around again etc. The only thing that didn't seem to carry over was the xp/rep bar, it's just completely missing. Is there a way to create a new xp/rep bar? I tried creating a new bar, but when I add buttons to it and go in to edit them I can't make them into xp bars(buttons).

Thanks in advance
Bry

11-09-08, 05:14 AM   #332
Mylon
A Kobold Labourer
First of all I always loved trinity, and going to macaroon feels for me no different. only that is even more simple build while the possible options still grew :P

My question is whether it is possible (to be honest i think its easy possible just don't know how to tell macaroon what i want :P)

to get a bar, that is on auto hide while not in combat, and visible while in combat. This is one and the same bar.

Further is there going to be a Form bar, like trinity used to have or do i have to create my own one like i did now (where all Forms buttons auto get in, stealth, warr stances, druid forms, priest shadowform, etc.)

Thanks again for this great and awesome bar add-on.

Yours faithfully,

Mylon

11-09-08, 08:49 PM   #333
nailertn
An Aku'mai Servant
Mylon, set the bar to autohide and alphaup to battle.

Is it me or anchor buttons and macro states do not work well together? Say I set up a bar with button 1 being the anchor button to the rest of the bar and it works like a charm. But if I then tell this whole bar to be available only in combat /ctrl down / whatever, it screws up. Likewise if the anchor and popup buttons are on separate bars or if the states are linked from a separate bar etc... Now the popup buttons do accept states if they are on a separate bar but anchor buttons seem to totally ignore them, they just stay visible at all times, sometimes break the popup functionality too. Any ideas?

11-10-08, 12:54 AM   #334
Cakespoon
A Defias Bandit
It may have alrdy been addresed, and if so sorry but i dident notace it, But after downloading the latest verson every time i go into my map the buttions that i have set up as my pet bar becones visable. the way i have found to make them disapear agane is by left clicking the minnymap buttion for maccaroon. is their any way to fix this? its just a minnor nusence but it happnes every time i go in to my map. Also during log boss fights WHen i sumon my wolfs (i ma enhance shaman) the pet bar doesent disapear when my wolfs disapear.

Last edited by Cakespoon : 11-10-08 at 11:06 PM.

11-10-08, 01:14 PM   #335
Emwun
A Defias Bandit
Switching pages based on spell rotation

This addon looks great, just let me know how to get that Coke to you Maul!

Protection paladins in Wrath have an insane spell rotation that isn't a simple pattern (well, to me) that I can just dedicate a few buttons to.

FYI, here it is (from Maintankadin)

Prep SoV
00.0 HS
01.5 HotR
03.0 Judgement
04.5 (free) <-- AS
06.0 Cons
07.5 HotR
09.0 HS
10.5 (free) <-- SoR
12.0 Judgement
13.5 HotR
15.0 Cons
16.5 (free) <-- SoV
18.0 HS
19.5 HotR
21.0 Judgement
22.5 (free) <-- SoR
24.0 Cons
25.5 HotR
27.0 HS
28.5 (free) <-- SoV
30.0 Judgement
31.5 HotR
33.0 Cons
34.5 (free) <-- AS

That's 25 spells. My idea is to use a bar with 5 spells on each page, plus advance and reset buttons. I progress through the rotation, and when I hit advance it moves to the next page on the bar (or better yet, if the last spell could automatically advance that would be best). The reset button would set the page back to 0.

I understand manipulating the current page based on the character stance, but I'm not sure how to do what I'm contemplating because the state is unrelated to stances.

I could do it in Lua but I would need the "official" API provided by Macaroon, and a persistent place to insert the code into the buttons/bars (or make my own mini-addon, which is fine too).

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

11-10-08, 06:53 PM   #336
droelf
A Kobold Labourer
is it possible that macaroon adds the pet abilitys automaticly to the petbar?
iam thinking about ecounters where the pet abitlitys are needed and i would be a pain in the ass to create macros first

11-10-08, 09:23 PM   #337
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Emwun View Post
This addon looks great, just let me know how to get that Coke to you Maul!

Protection paladins in Wrath have an insane spell rotation that isn't a simple pattern (well, to me) that I can just dedicate a few buttons to.

FYI, here it is (from Maintankadin)

Prep SoV
00.0 HS
01.5 HotR
03.0 Judgement
04.5 (free) <-- AS
06.0 Cons
07.5 HotR
09.0 HS
10.5 (free) <-- SoR
12.0 Judgement
13.5 HotR
15.0 Cons
16.5 (free) <-- SoV
18.0 HS
19.5 HotR
21.0 Judgement
22.5 (free) <-- SoR
24.0 Cons
25.5 HotR
27.0 HS
28.5 (free) <-- SoV
30.0 Judgement
31.5 HotR
33.0 Cons
34.5 (free) <-- AS

That's 25 spells. My idea is to use a bar with 5 spells on each page, plus advance and reset buttons. I progress through the rotation, and when I hit advance it moves to the next page on the bar (or better yet, if the last spell could automatically advance that would be best). The reset button would set the page back to 0.

I understand manipulating the current page based on the character stance, but I'm not sure how to do what I'm contemplating because the state is unrelated to stances.

I could do it in Lua but I would need the "official" API provided by Macaroon, and a persistent place to insert the code into the buttons/bars (or make my own mini-addon, which is fine too).

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.
Im not sure that you couldnt make a very long /castsequence macro for this, but if you want to do it via paging, you can (there are some advantages, such as being able to use modifiers on a per-spell basis). To do this, just open up the macro editor on each of your "5" spells and insert /changeactionbar # (where # is the number of the next action bar in the sequence, on bar 5 use 1 so that it resets) along with whatever spell is in that slot. When you press 5 each time around your bar will advance a page. I suggest you also keybind a few extra commands, such as /changeactionbar 1 to some key that can be used to reset your sequence, as you will need that for changing targets and each time combat ends.

11-11-08, 03:16 AM   #338
Mysphyt
A Kobold Labourer
First off, thanks heaps Maul for a great addon--I love the approach you've taken with Macaroon, and it's very empowering. I still have a lot to learn, I know, but already it seems incredibly powerful to me.

I have a sneaking suspicion there's an easy answer to this question, but I can't find it: is there a way, with a paged bar, to make the key bindings persist no matter what the page is? Right now, when I switch back and forth between pages, my bindings get lost. That is, they're still there on the first page. What I'd like is to have a certain key (1, in this case) be the first button on the bar, no matter what page is showing. Right now, if I hit 1 on page 1, Auto Shot goes off; if I hit 1 on page 2, nothing happens. I'd like it if whichever page I'm on, 1 meant the first button's action. Is that doable? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks heaps.

11-11-08, 11:51 AM   #339
zithrax
A Kobold Labourer
Right Click Self Cast

Hello, Zithrax of gorefiend here. I was a true follower of trinity bars. I used it since It was released I believe, then wiht 3.0 or whatever it was I was looking for something similar. Luckily ran into Macaroon, very happy, took about 5 mins to figure out the bar configuration. Alot more options that i'm not entirely sure of, I like the profile manager alot. Some things I'm not good with are macros, so it will take me time to figure them out. Now to the point, I fel inlove with right clicking for self cast on my priest, I find it so useful that I feel my performance is better with that option available to me. I know trinity use to have the option to set it to rightclick. Now I have roughly skimmed through the 17 pages of this thread, trying to find it; and I apologize if I missed this, cause I doubt this is your first time seeing this request or question. But I tryed downloading rselfcast, rightwing which only work with blizzard bars, does anyone know an addon or a way through macaroon to use right click self cast on my macaroon buttons. If I may have asked a frequent question or somehow missed it under the macaroon options , i'm terribly sorry and just ask if you could point me in the right direction to acquire right click self cast on my macaroon bars.

PS: TY maul , from trinity to this, I don't believe I could possibly have a better setup with any other mods, truly feel comfortable and at home. I like them so much I can't play my priest anywhere but my home cause of how great I can set up my bars with your mods since your released them. TY

11-11-08, 12:35 PM   #340
Emwun
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Feldoth View Post
Im not sure that you couldnt make a very long /castsequence macro for this, but if you want to do it via paging, you can (there are some advantages, such as being able to use modifiers on a per-spell basis). To do this, just open up the macro editor on each of your "5" spells and insert /changeactionbar # (where # is the number of the next action bar in the sequence, on bar 5 use 1 so that it resets) along with whatever spell is in that slot. When you press 5 each time around your bar will advance a page. I suggest you also keybind a few extra commands, such as /changeactionbar 1 to some key that can be used to reset your sequence, as you will need that for changing targets and each time combat ends.
That is perfect Feldoth, thanks a ton!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!