11-02-08, 08:20 PM   #1
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hunter's Sting Switching

First some quick background...

I roll a Troll Hunter, and run around as a duo. I play with a heavy keybinded UI, and have limited buttons I can use for keybindings. Using about 3 rows on my keyboard for my action bars keybinds, I have run out of space for some of my shots (mainly my stings). I currently have them on another action bar that is not keybound, because I find myself using other abilities more than my stings. I realize that I'm missing out on a great utility with viper and serpent sting...especially in PVP. I miss out on clicking my stings a lot, because I move around a lot to keep things in LOS, and in range (I use my mouse to move around and my left hand to click my keybindings).

Now to the questions: Is there a mod, or is it possible to make a mod that would basically give me a macro type button i can put on my action bar to where I could just use the one button (without using a modifier) to viper sting a target with a mana bar, and to serpent sting all other targets?

I've looked up some info online to see if there were macros that could do this, but apparently with patch 2.0 Blizz took away the ability for macro's to "see" whether a target had a mana bar or not.

If it can't be done with a macro, can it be done with addons, given that a player is using a Unit Frame addon? Could an addon pull from Pitbull or AgUF the type of power bar a target has and adjust from there?
11-02-08, 09:11 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Neither macros nor addons can do secure actions for you based on what's going on around you. All they can do is tell you what to do. UI not AI is Blizzard's stance, and is why a lot of things were changed in 2.0.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-05-08, 02:43 AM   #3
joeba18
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As blizzard say if your not the one doing it, Then it is considered boting.
There for if a addon/macro could make you fire off a sting that it determines is best to use then your not doing it there for you would be boting ^^.

Sorry but this type of action was blocked.
They want there player not to rely on the game playing itself and instead have the player play the game.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hunter's Sting Switching