10-16-08, 10:17 AM   #1
felix367
A Murloc Raider
Addon Identification

Hi All,

While waiting for MazzleUI to work again, I was trying to set up something similar from the addons that do work and need some help identifying some addons.

1. What addon allows you to move your character portrait and your target's portrait to the lower left and lower middle respectively? I'd also like to move the map the bottom center as well. It might be nice to get the 3d models back, but it isn't necessary.

2. What addon changes the tooltip display for the things your cursor is hovering over? I really miss being able to see the mobs name, health, and color coded level information on the tooltip. Right now it is displayed in the lower right corner and it is pretty distracting to constantly shift where I look.

3. What addon changed the tooltip display for an item you were looking at and compared its stats to the items you were wearing? Not sure if this was something native to Mazzle or if it was part of Auctioneer (EnhTooltip maybe, or Informant?)

I've set up most of the others, still need to get something that shows opponent cast bars and my spell/ability timers (WitchHunt? Quartz?) but those I can probably find. I'm using Bartender4 for the action bars and context menu (context menu is autohid in combat and visible at all other times), fubar, baggins, decursive, and smartBuff. Plus some non-mazzle stuff.

I saw a recommendation here for the hud (iceHud or something), so I'll be trying that as well.

Thanks for all your help!
10-16-08, 11:55 PM   #2
Ayzlyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
1. The character and party frames were DUF which is currently broken but is reported to be in progress.

2. I'm not completely sure about that so I'll leave it for someone else to answer

3. Ratings buster compares items to what you are currently wearing.

Quartz is up and working but the bar is a bit blocky and well quite frankly huge so I'll be delving into the configuration window to try and work that out.

Best of luck with it!
10-17-08, 01:04 AM   #3
felix367
A Murloc Raider
Thanks! I'll take a look at RatingBuster and maybe try to find a different Unit Frame Mod, though I really like (now that I know what it is) DUF.

I've tried IceHUD, but can't figure out how to hide it when not in combat (though I like the looks of it otherwise). Anyone have any suggestions for a HUD that can be hid when out of combat?
10-17-08, 01:16 AM   #4
legion3pm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
for your number 2 question i think its Tinytip.
10-17-08, 01:29 AM   #5
Ayzlyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
yeah the tool tip question is tiny tip. finally got around to looking it up.

as far as huds, I use ArcHUD2 and it can be hid when out of combat.
10-17-08, 09:16 AM   #6
felix367
A Murloc Raider
Thanks! I'll see if TinyTip is working.

I did manage to find the post that listed all the Addons in Mazzle and what they did, so that was a big help.

I switched to X-Perl for my unit frames and was able to move my character portrait and selected target portrait to their more familiar locations (hate them at the top, they overlap Fubar and nQuestLog).

Now to find something that allows me to move the map and I should be good to go.

Anyone have any opinions on Dominos versus Bartender4? Bartender4 is mostly doing the job and my only complaint is that I can't add spaces for buttons to the Pet Bar. For some reason I can't put pet abilities in a button outside of the Pet Bar, and the Pet Bar only has 10 buttons. I'm not too concerned as I'll just macro it and put the macro outside of the Pet Bar, but it is annoying.
10-21-08, 09:40 AM   #7
Ayzlyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've used both Dominos and Bartender and found that I like Dominos more. Of course, I've also added in RedRange and OmniCC. Gotta have my cooldown text and other goodies. I guess I'm just spoiled with the Dominos setup. Now if they can only get DrDamage working I'll be in business. P
10-22-08, 09:11 PM   #8
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Macaroon pwns Dominos and BarTender4. You can make any number of action bars with any number of action buttons on it. As well as many other things, such as make the buttons invisible ( ghetto hotspot ). Slash command to hide bars ( context menu ).
10-22-08, 09:16 PM   #9
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Macaroon pwns Dominos and BarTender4. You can make any number of action bars with any number of action buttons on it. As well as many other things, such as make the buttons invisible ( ghetto hotspot ).

And ArcHUD2 is the best HUD mod I've found yet, IceHUD you can make it fade out, but the bars are still there and able to be clicked on, so thats kind of a pain.
10-23-08, 02:22 AM   #10
alenda
A Cliff Giant

Just for the record, RatingBuster does NOT compare what you're looking at to what you're wearing, RatingBuster converts 'ratings' (go figure) like crit or hit rating into quantifiable percentage points. It also adds numbers for stat conversion, for instance it will let you know how much more crit that 30 agi is if you were playing a warrior/rogue/shaman/hunter/paladin, so on and so forth.

Witchhunt gives you a text message when enemies around you gain and lose spell effects, and when they begin casting spells. Antagonist was used for enemy casting, and possibly enemy cooldowns, although that may have been handled by Hourglass.

TekKompare is the addon you are after that gives you a comparison (go figure, another addon with it's intended effect in the name) of the item you are looking at versus the item you have equipped.

You'll have to look at a second party HUD like IceHUD or DAHud or something, because the HUD included in Mazzle is a custom piece of code and artwork that he came up with himself.
10-23-08, 10:30 AM   #11
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by alenda View Post
Just for the record, RatingBuster does NOT compare what you're looking at to what you're wearing, RatingBuster converts 'ratings' (go figure) like crit or hit rating into quantifiable percentage points. It also adds numbers for stat conversion, for instance it will let you know how much more crit that 30 agi is if you were playing a warrior/rogue/shaman/hunter/paladin, so on and so forth.
RatingBuster DOES compare the item you're looking at with the item you're wearing. The stat summary option adds a section to the bottom of the tooltip that shows how much of each stat you will gain or lose. True it doesn't show you a side by side tooltip comparison, but it does compare the items.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Identification