10-28-05, 10:04 AM   #1
Berean
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GathererShare

NOTE! For the latest file version please download the file from HERE. For questions and comments, also go to the same page (not one post has been made to this page since I posted it October of 2005, so I'm not going to check it anymore). It is much more convenient for me to have everything in one place, and there isn't a delay between uploading a file and it becoming available.

If you are having trouble with GathererShare, please try the following before asking me for help. These items usually pinpoint the problem, and if they don't give you the solution, they give me more information to help you.

- Most problems are because Gatherer 2.1.1 or later is not installed. GathererShare will do some version checks and print some messages to the console to warn you about error situations with Gatherer. Try scrolling up to the top of your chat window when you first log in and see if GathererShare is complaining.

- If you are seeing "GathererShare: GathererShare is now sharing" after about 30 seconds after log in, then GathererShare is running. However you may still be having problems if you are using a version of Gatherer later than 2.2.0. GathererShare will attempt to work with the new version of Gatherer, but it will also print a message explaining that you are using a version of Gatherer that is newer than what it knows about. In that situation it is possible that Gatherer has changed something that makes it incompatible with GathererShare. Once the new version is released (actually released, not the DEV version) I'll update GathererShare.

- Check to make sure you installed ChannelCast into the AddOns folder when you installed GathererShare. ChannelCast is a required support library, and comes packaged in the same archive as GathererShare.

- Look inside your "World of Warcraft\WTF\<account>\SavedVariables\GathererShare\GathererShare.lua" file. If it contains fields for nodes then you are sending and/or receiving data. If data has been received but you're not seeing it, you may need to turn on "show items" in the world map to see the icons.

- GathererShare waits 30 seconds before telling Gatherer to update the minimap/worldmap. If you are looking for a node to appear, it may take up to 30 seconds.

- Turn on the GathererShare2 chat channel. You should see the addon messages every time a node is sent or received.

- If you don't have a profession, Gatherer will not automatically display the icons in the mini and world maps. If you want to see them, change the setting from "auto" to "on" in the Gatherer options.

- If someone collects a node that you already have collected, then you won't see any change to what is already in your database or your map views.

- GathererShare will not send existing Gatherer data to others, it will only send nodes that are actively gathered.

- GathererShare will not share data across factions (Horde/Alliance).

Thanks,

B.

Last edited by Berean : 02-17-06 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Updating with new information.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » GathererShare