10-01-08, 07:47 AM   #1
Aequi
A Cyclonian
Switching between raid boss mods?

i'v been using bigwigs/littlewigs since my first mazzlegasme.
...and thats been fine because i only been levelling and doing 5-mans.

However now i might get a chance to do Kara and it seems that deadlybossmobs is the prefeered mod in the guild. Now i'd like to keep bigwigs/littlewigs for 5-mans and stuff, but i'm a just a tad worried i might bork something up if i use them both or try to manually switch between them.

I don't want to mazzify to much either and risk loosing custome changes...
...does anyone have any experience with switching between or using both the two boss mob mods...
10-01-08, 12:35 PM   #2
IceShadow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I always used DBM for raiding but I finally made the switch not to long ago to Big/Littlewigs. My opinion on the two is that I felt BigWigs just felt more friendlier, more customizable with ace and maybe even more accurate on certain things. Different bloops help aswell.

DBM was good too but when I finally made the switch to BigWigs and LittleWigs, I was asking myself why didn't i do so sooner?

You don't need to run both mods, and you don't need to run DBM just cause your guild does. they both do the same thing really, just down to personal preference, maybe try out DBM once and if you don't like it. Dump it back to the wigs.
10-01-08, 03:53 PM   #3
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One thing about BW and DBM though. If you ever are raid assist or raid leader, and your raidleader or assists run DBM, you will be announcing everything and so will they. So be aware of that, the spammage can look evil. Know the or disable your announce, or have them disable theirs.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Switching between raid boss mods?