02-21-16, 10:09 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
In a month or two, when addons are enabled. There's no point in inviting addon developers yet.
May be sooner than that, may not. Depends entirely on their lists. We're actually hoping some will get in during this round. And there's lots of reason to have addon authors in before the addons are live. Gives the authors a chance to see what changes have been made and what additions have been introduced, so they can have something ready for testing as soon as addons are enabled. Authors almost always get in before they enable them.
02-21-16, 01:21 PM   #2
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
We're actually hoping some will get in during this round.
I'm confused about the tracking numbers. You said that you weren't able to get any names submitted in the first batch, but you're saying you're hopeful that this batch will get a few invites handed out? Does this mean the first batch was omitted entirely or something?

And there's lots of reason to have addon authors in before the addons are live. Gives the authors a chance to see what changes have been made and what additions have been introduced, so they can have something ready for testing as soon as addons are enabled. Authors almost always get in before they enable them.
I'd like to believe that our experience in coding and development in general is useful to Blizzard in terms of providing solid bug reports and feedback.

Last edited by MunkDev : 02-22-16 at 08:19 AM.
02-21-16, 03:54 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sounds like you are confusing the batches of addresses I am sending in with the batches of accounts that Blizzard flags at any given time.

None of the addresses I sent in were flagged by Blizzard during their last round. We're hoping that some will be during this round [of flagging by Blizzard].

I did say 'lots of reasons'. I just posted the main one.

Last edited by Cairenn : 02-21-16 at 03:57 PM.
02-22-16, 05:01 AM   #4
siweia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Alright then, I thought it would be actived in a few days that I keep checking my account over and over again these days. lol
02-22-16, 08:17 AM   #5
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Sounds like you are confusing the batches of addresses I am sending in with the batches of accounts that Blizzard flags at any given time.

None of the addresses I sent in were flagged by Blizzard during their last round. We're hoping that some will be during this round [of flagging by Blizzard].
I see. I didn't realize you had access to that information, considering they're enabling the accounts directly.
02-22-16, 02:31 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Blizzard has their own method of enabling accounts through the beta profile settings. A handful of community sites also can send a list of their users to Blizzard in order to hand out beta access to those who would be beneficial to include.

In short, this is how the process goes. WoWInterface asks for your Battle.Net email so they can add it to the list of accounts to submit to Blizzard. Blizzard, on their own time and at their discretion, flags the accounts for beta access.
02-22-16, 05:14 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by MunkDev View Post
I see. I didn't realize you had access to that information, considering they're enabling the accounts directly.
My contact lets me know.

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Blizzard has their own method of enabling accounts through the beta profile settings. A handful of community sites also can send a list of their users to Blizzard in order to hand out beta access to those who would be beneficial to include.

In short, this is how the process goes. WoWInterface asks for your Battle.Net email so they can add it to the list of accounts to submit to Blizzard. Blizzard, on their own time and at their discretion, flags the accounts for beta access.
What SDPhantom said.
02-24-16, 01:00 PM   #8
Miiru
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I hope paying with token counts as active account
02-22-16, 06:32 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

None of the addresses I sent in were flagged by Blizzard during their last round.

I'm a little confused. Does this mean that there's a chance that some of those submissions will not get an invite?
02-22-16, 06:47 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I'm a little confused. Does this mean that there's a chance that some of those submissions will not get an invite?
02-22-16, 06:55 PM   #11
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Short answer, yes. It's a very small chance unless you try to sign up within the last couple months before launch. Blizzard just wants to cover their tails in case someone that applies doesn't meet their requirements or people attempt to join when they're trying to wrap things up.

If you're talking about the first batch of 50 people, I don't think they'll ignore that list.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 02-22-16 at 07:02 PM.
02-22-16, 07:18 PM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Petrah is just being a pest. After us doing this for 10 years now, she knows how it works.
02-22-16, 09:56 PM   #13
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Though this is the second time they used this specific process.
They used to give you a list of keys to hand out. I guess too many people got extras and gave them to friends.
02-23-16, 05:58 PM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Petrah is just being a pest. After us doing this for 10 years now, she knows how it works.

Actually I'm not. Being in my 50's my memory isn't as good as it use to be. I find myself with dozens of post-it-notes all over the place.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface is offering Legion Beta Invites to all of our active, registered authors