Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-10-07, 05:36 PM   #1
Ainu
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Unified UI Installer/Uninstaller

Holy grail, is it? First, let me describe this project:

An installer that will take the /Fonts, /Interface, and /WTF of your current UI and wrap them into a backup drive for later retrieval. It lists current compatible mod packs and then installs the selected one onto your WoW install, configuring it for all accounts, servers, and characters that were listed in your newly backed up files. Once done, it then copies over all your macros to the new character folders so all your toons have their old macros.

How does this work? Make a /root folder. This signifies the WoW directory. Copy in the ainu-installer.au3 and ainu-uninstaller.au3 script, and the directories as listed in the below image:

Notice the ACCTNAME and Charname folders? These are the folders named after your account and toon moved out to the /AinuUI folder (per this example) and renamed. All server names are unnecessary and can be deleted. The Charname you use is the one with the settings for your UI that will be installed on all characters via the installer.

What now? One last step: in the picture the folder named AinuUI is the name of YOUR UI, lets say "AwesomeUIPack" ... so in your /root directory (the one below /AwesomeUIPack) create a text file called AwesomeUIPack.aif ... this flags the setup program that your UI exists. In the future, I plan to have this file open in notepad via the script with your customization instructions post-install.

You're done! Your UI is now compatible with the setup system.

Here is an example UI using this structure: http://downloads.curse.com/details/9069/ ... v0.4 of the UI is uploading as I post containing this structure and updated installer utility.

- HOW IT WORKS -

This is a script built for AutoIT3 which can be found at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/ . It can be compiled and decompiled through this scripting system (included are compiled versions for the lazy) though I really REALLY don't want people EVER EVER EVER using .exe files they download off the net. The code for the installer is in the next post.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Unified UI Installer/Uninstaller