Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-24-11, 09:43 PM   #1
phillydave2012
A Murloc Raider
wowiki tutorial question

I have a hankering to write an addon to parse text going to the chat window and format it in a particular way.

I went to wowwiki's tutorial on writing addons. It has a hello world program to get one started.

I placed the HelloWorld directory in my addons directory next to Blizzard's directories and the other directories for things like Gatherer and Recount.

I added inside my directory the HelloWorld.lua , HelloWorld.xml, and HelloWorld.toc files.

As a software developer I know that you have to be very careful and specific. For the life of me I cannot see why my HelloWorld addon does not appear with a checkbox when I open the WoW UI.

I'd swear the directory and files have proper permissions and are in the proper directory. All my other addons are there and all work.

I actually had tried this a few years back and had it working but for the life of me now that I actually have an idea I really want to implement I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong to even get going.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » wowiki tutorial question