Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10-05-11, 01:31 AM   #1
Lysiander
An Aku'mai Servant
Reliable Instance name function & delaying a function call

Hello there,

I'm working on my oUF layout and am currently immersed in building a Raid Debuff functionality. It all works fine so far, but I have two problems.

1. I have a table, containing the debuffs to show set up as containing keys with zone names and subtables with IDs and priority values as values to the zone names. I have trie to use the GetInstanceInfo() function to compare instance names, but it seems to return localized names. Even when I run the function ingame via chat, inputting the name it returns in the table doesn't work. GetRealZoneText does work, but seems to be unreliable for some reason. Is there a function to return a non localized zone name? I like the option of filtering by difficulty as well as zone that GetInstanceInfo provides, so I would love to get that one to work.

2. I have linked the Debuff Check function call to the UNIT_AURA event. Since that fires pretty often I want to minimize the number of auras it has to check for. Because of this I am dynamically populating the table based on the PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD event. This works fine so far when I change zones, but does not when I reload the UI. I suspect that this is because during the reload the game does not get usable information from the GetRealZoneText function and hence simply creates an empty table. So i am wondering wether there is a way to delay the function call for a short while. Alternatively, is there an event that would be better suited for my purposes than the PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD one?

Thanks for your time and help.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Reliable Instance name function & delaying a function call