Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-16-10, 03:03 PM   #10
perenor
A Murloc Raider
I really am confused as to how this isn't toggling correctly, it works as a basic macro in the Blizzard frames and macro box. However, if I put it into a 'macro' button in Macaroons (even with no other addons running) it just doesn't work the same. It's a very basic, straight forward macro, and the icon isn't swapping accordingly.

If someone else can please try and tell me what you get, I would be very appreciative. I've mentioned this before in the comments section, and Maul or Dwargh, I'd be happy to hop on vent or in game or something and walk through it step by step if my details aren't clear. I was thinking with this latest update that it may have been fixed, but it has not.

Code:
#showtooltip
#showicon
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead] <Helpful Spell>; [harm,nodead] <Harmful Spell; [@player] <Helpful Spell>

Where <Helpful Spell> is the name of a healing spell without the "<>" marks, and <Harmful Spell> is an attack spell without the "<>" marks. I'm doing this on my druid so I'm using Rejuvenation & Wrath accordingly.

Here's what should happen (and does if I involve Blizzards /macro frame).

When I have... (each time the icon/tooltip will change accordingly and instantly)
...no target selected it defaults to casting Rejuvenation on me [@player] <Helpful Spell>
...mouseover a friendly (even if I have another target, friend or foe) it casts Rejuvenation on my mouseover target [@mouseover,help,nodead]
...target a friendly it casts Rejuvenation [helpful,nodead] <Helpful Spell>
...target an enemy it casts Wrath [harm,nodead] <Harmful Spell>

If I do this in a macro labeled Macaroon button, on it's own (I'll get into this in a moment) the icon delays changing until I actually press the button/keybind. The right spell will cast, but the icon itself won't change until the keybind/button has been 'clicked'. It's somewhat annoying because with the mouseover conditional, I like to be 100% sure at a glance that I'm about to cast the right thing (or I'd just simply hide the bar completely).

However, if I do this in an 'action ID #' labeled button, it works perfectly. Beyond that, it gets really weird when if I make a 'macro' button and an 'action ID #' button and put the exact same macro in both buttons, then the 'macro' button will work as intended. So I know it's not completely something odd about the 'macro' handler in Macaroon.

I've tested this by going onto a brand new UI set up with only Macaroon running. In my Blizzard /macro frame I have no macros at all (kind of the point of using Macaroon in my opinion). I create a new bar with Macaroon with 2 buttons and in a 'macro' labeled button I put in the above macro, in the second button I make it an "Action ID #" and test with putting the macro in and out. It does not matter if the macro is in Blizzard's /macro window.

It seems like I need to keep macros in 2 places and toggle buttons between 'macro' and 'action id'.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread