Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10-30-10, 08:07 PM   #1
Virance
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Identify current instance without req localization?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get a unique identifier for which instance the player was currently in that did not require localization.

I have been using GetRealZoneText() to get the unique string associated with the instance for my new mod PugLax. However, I received a request to make the addon support localization and it seems like this is going to be a nightmare to localize.

Basically the addon automatically generates a list of CC available to your group, and then runs that through a priority list based on your current instance before spitting out CC assignments without requiring user intervention. (So in AN, it would treat Shackle as very important, and wouldn't assign polymorph at all for example).

An early working version is available here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...gLaxAlpha.html

Is there an alternative to GetRealZoneText() that returns the same value on all clients? Like we can get the "MAGE" "HUNTER" strings instead of the localized string for classes.

Thanks in advance for any tips/feedback!

Also, if anyone knows of a place online that has all of the GetRealZoneText() information for each instance I'd love them forever.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Identify current instance without req localization?