Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-22-10, 10:51 AM   #1
Tarrax Ironwolf
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation To those familiar with wireless connections

I'm a wired guy and have been for quite some time. I recently decided to go wireless on some of the PC's we are using. The one that started it all was our newly purchased laptop. The new girl just streams at awesome speeds and I thought why not do the same with my desktop.

So I bought a new USB adapter and it connects just fine (unfortunately the router we are connected too now is extremely limited on speed - 54 Mb/s - not like the one that I had been using) and I get the max speed out of it constantly.

My question is, when both the desktop and laptop via for wireless connection while playing WoW I get some serious high latency (I've reached as high as 3000) while the laptop cruises along at a comfortable low latency. Why is this?

I downloaded and installed Leatrix Latency Fix mod and it was working great. I wasn't at the high 3k but I start in the green around 140 and then it starts to slowly creep back up into the red at around 600 - 800 range.

I would like to see those who are familiar with wireless connections think.

Thanks!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » To those familiar with wireless connections