Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-24-10, 09:22 AM   #1
DMStehlek
A Murloc Raider
New nUI user - thanks Spiel2001

I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to put together an interface for WarCrack. I took ideas from the 'minimalist' group and still ended up with a jumbled mess. I tried a little lua and just don't have the patience for back-and-forth stuff. I took a look at nUI and at first I did not like it. While very clean and organized, there was just too much stuff there.

Then I asked myself a question - is it really all that different than downloaded ten or fifteen add-ons and trying to tie them together? No.

So I gave it another go - adding a few things I had to have like Vuhdo and DBM. Using a couple of the plug-ins for nUI I found that I could keep things organized without sacrificing screen space. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to keep my chat windows the way I liked them - I downloaded the GuildChat plug-in and modified it to hold my spam instead of guild/party/raid stuff. I grabbed a cargBags profile and that was about it.

Good stuff here, and thank you for writing an extraordinary interface. If there is a company out there that needs an interface written, they had better be looking at you, Spiel2001!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » New nUI user - thanks Spiel2001