Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-03-09, 11:33 PM   #1
Mantioch
A Murloc Raider

Flexbar is dead, anyone miss it?

I just recently started re-leveling my Pre-BC warlock through Outland in response to the forthcoming cross-faction transfers. Back when I was still playing this toon, I was using a very customizable addon called Flexbar to replace my default bar. It was tedious to set up, but it was very very customizable, and was able to make buttons appear or disappear according to different events. You could also configure what information appeared on/in the button. All of this used scripts, and I've been made aware that most of the functionality no longer works, or works in a completely different way than it did back before WoW had any expansions. I understood all this, and gave up hoping for Cnc to come back and rewrite his addon.

I was chugging along with a somewhat less custom interface, when I discovered two different addons that do *something* like what Flexbar did: TellMeWhen and PolMonitor. I've not used TellMeWhen, but PolMonitor seems to create clear-ish buttons, then skins them with the textures that you would typically see in the Spellbook. OmniCC interacts with them (Due to the cooldown whirlygig, I assume) to add text to the button displaying what the cooldown of the skill is, or what the duration of the buff/debuff is. It is further configurable with DogTag to configure both when it is displayed (the texture, the button stays the same regardless) and a label (separate from the one OmniCC adds). I've been playing with it, and other than some irritating side affects, it performs a little like the way I used to use Flexbar. I've been posting in the PolMonitor GE (The main addon isn't currently being updated) addon comments, and gotten a little more information, but I've sort of hit a wall in finding out how to make the addon behave even more like Flexbar.

Now may be a good time to say that I have absolutely zero skill at coding, programing, scripting, or anything else involving speaking computer languages. I was wondering if anyone either has the knowledge and willingness to create a 'new' Flexbar, or can modify (or tell me how to modify) an addon to do something like what I've been looking for. Maybe there's already something out there that would better fit my needs. Rather than reiterating what I've already posted in greater depth, I'm going to suggest that anyone who is looking for clarification as to what I'm looking for (to the extent that I even know) check out PolMonitor GE, and the posts I've made there.

I'm sure some of you Lua geniuses will be able to at least point me in the right direction, and someone may even decide to take a swing at resurrecting Flexbar. In the event I'm way off base, I'm sure I'll be flamed back into the hole I've crawled out of. In any event, thanks go to whomever is willing to assist.

Mantioch

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Flexbar is dead, anyone miss it?