Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-04-08, 04:40 PM   #1
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nerd Rage

This post is appropriatly named because the topic is surrounding that.

I get accused quite often of this so called "Nerd Rage." So I come to the wowi community(becuase you guys are less likely to pop off at the mouth and be douche bags)

Why is it when I get upset over someone either:

Calling me names
Making fun of me
Repeatidly bothering me about something

I get the "nerd rage" tag slapped on me? Example:

Im in nagrand. We have a group of 3 (myself included) we are killing the big elephant for the finale quest from nessingwarys expedition. We are asking in general chat (a few times i might add) Does anyone need this quest? "We could use some help we can't dps it down fast enough with out heals."

After standing there waiting for a few minutes 2 level 70s swoop down from above. The paladin asks...do you guys need help on this quest? We reply of course please! I ask them to drop group so i can invite them.

They then with out saying anything attack the mob and fly away with out saying a word. When I say something about it chat, "Gee thanks guys we really needed help with that quest but it was sure fun to watch you kill it!" I get responses back such as:

NOOB QQ MOAR
Get over it , stop taking the game so seriously nerd rager
NERD RAGE

etc ... etc...

Am I really that wrong for being upset? Im not stomping and crying on the other side of the computer but im a bit frustrated. Is it so wrong for me to express my frustrations outloud?

and my other beef with the world of warcraft community is this.

Why is it so hard for people to just play the game and get along with people? I can understand dissagreements this world is not perfect. But i can't go two seconds in wow now with out having to face some douche bag and his big band of friends that want nothing more in this world but to bother me and cause me to be upset.

so yea there is some " nerd rage " for you.

Edit: to add to my pile of nerd rage. My other beef is the UI community as a whole. When did we decide it was a good idea to start a trend of making fun of others uis? I have removed my self almost completely from the ui and macro forums because the constant douche baggery that consists over there. I for one love seeing all the cool new ui ideas. Even if i dont think it looks good i keep my mouth shut because i have something that alot of other people dont seem to posess.... MANNERS.

Last edited by Elloria : 09-04-08 at 04:43 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Nerd Rage