07-02-14, 11:05 PM   #1
Bl4ckSh33p
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question No Warlords of Draenor Beta this time?

Hi! In the past many/every addon author could get a betakey for WoW. The beta was announced a few days ago and Wowhead is giving away some keys already (Bnet Launcher News).
Will there be no betakeys for addon authors this time?

(Would be nice if Blizzard would send keys to people who already paid for the Digital Deluxe edition months ago or spent MUCH money on their ingame store. )
07-03-14, 12:54 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Waiting to hear back.
07-03-14, 03:09 AM   #3
sylvanaar
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
In the past authors were invited a bit later in the beta. It wasn't in the first round of invites. Maybe in another month?
07-03-14, 05:17 AM   #4
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm also wondering if authors need an active account, since most authors don't actually play anymore I think.

It seems Blizzard doesn't give keys anymore but flags the account instead and they might only do that on active accounts.
07-03-14, 03:29 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

From my experience, we (addon authors) usually doesn't get keys until Blizzard enables addons in the beta, which happens in the last few months of testing. When beta starts, they only have the default UI running for testers to help find the stock bugs. This is because addons complicate the process by having to deal with bugs of their own.

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
I'm also wondering if authors need an active account, since most authors don't actually play anymore I think.

It seems Blizzard doesn't give keys anymore but flags the account instead and they might only do that on active accounts.
I got in a couple times with an inactive account, but that doesn't mean they can't change that at any time.
07-03-14, 03:34 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Has anyone else on here got into the Beta/Alpha running at the moment ? If not I am in there and seeing as I haven't seen a non disclosure notice on my email I should be able to mention possible UI changes by the visual elements available on screen.

edit: Just double checked and my email from blizzard clearly has the following in:
'Feel free to share screenshots and video of your adventures and to discuss your experiences publicly. '

edit2: Some info on the Alpha Testing stage
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13645405/

edit3: 6.0.1 Beta Patch Notes
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 07-04-14 at 08:07 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » No Warlords of Draenor Beta this time?