03-26-08, 02:00 AM   #1
AdzA
A Defias Bandit
Combat text area

Hey all just playing with 2.4.
Is there any way to make the two black squares where the old combat text used to be into one square to hold chat window number two?

Cheers, AdzA
03-26-08, 05:18 AM   #2
Flagoren
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Okay, this is how I modified the windows to keep the combat text on the right side and private right back where it was. If you follow this step by step, you shouldn't have any issues, but if you do, feel free to ask.

1. Right click the fubar at top. In the drop down list select Prat. Then select Tabs, and then Set Display Mode. Set all displays to default. Close the Waterfall(the window this was all done in).

2. Hold left click on the old Private tab and move it into the middle of the screen. (This is the combat chat window as assigned by Blizzard and is not reassignable.) Rename this window Combat Log, or whatever works for you. Right click the Tab and click settings (This will bring up the Combat Config window). Select Other on the left side and check the following boxes: Experience, Honor, Reputation, Skill-ups, Item Loot, Pet Info, Misc Info. Click Okay in the bottom right of the config window. Again right click the Tab, then select Background and move the needle on the right side bar all the way to the top(This will give it a black background) and click Okay.

3. Hold left click on one of the windows in the bottom right and drag it to where the chat windows are, placing it in the second position. Rename this window Private. Right click the new Private tab and click settings. In the chat category check Whisper only. In the Other category uncheck all currently checked boxes. Click Okay in the bottom right of the config window. Right click the new Private tab, click Background, and move the slider on the right to the bottom. Right click the tab again and lock the window. Right click the tab on the remaining window on the bottom right and remove it.

4. Finally, to move and resize the new Combat Log window. Holding left click on the right and bottom edges of the window will allow you to resize it; and holding left click on the tab will allow you to move the entire window into position on the bottom right.

*Note this is only a temporary fix, once you mazzify again it will change it all back. I do not know how to make it a permanent fix, sorry.
03-26-08, 07:16 AM   #3
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
this is screwed...

if i move the rigt bottom window the autobar follows with it...

and if i remove the left one i cant get the new pane to cover the old right bottom one...

screwed
03-26-08, 03:57 PM   #4
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Smirge View Post
this is screwed...

if i move the rigt bottom window the autobar follows with it...

and if i remove the left one i cant get the new pane to cover the old right bottom one...

screwed

Ok what I did......
follow Flagoren's instructions basically as written, for the Autobar problem. Go to the top right corner of FuBar and pull down to Mazzle options, in there open the Autobar options. In the bar Tab untick "Hide drag Handle" when this becomes visible use it to drag Autobar back to where you want it.
I unlocked both of the original panes (Dmg + Combat) and moved them out of the way then placed my new Combat pane (orig Private but changed using Flagoren's instructions) in the whole space and made it fit then locked it.

I then right clicked the original dmg and combat panes and removed them.

Seems ok now, quite tidy....
03-26-08, 06:04 PM   #5
auronna
A Murloc Raider
Problem for me is that i uncheck some things in setting ( example: don`t report other player kills .. ) , but every time i log in it reset and i must uncheck again. Any solution?
03-26-08, 06:29 PM   #6
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

I don't know, my settings stay as I put them and do not reset on log in..
Maybe someone else has and idea?
04-01-08, 11:24 AM   #7
leadtail
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Vaalcan View Post
Ok what I did......
follow Flagoren's instructions basically as written, for the Autobar problem. Go to the top right corner of FuBar and pull down to Mazzle options, in there open the Autobar options. In the bar Tab untick "Hide drag Handle" when this becomes visible use it to drag Autobar back to where you want it.
I unlocked both of the original panes (Dmg + Combat) and moved them out of the way then placed my new Combat pane (orig Private but changed using Flagoren's instructions) in the whole space and made it fit then locked it.

I then right clicked the original dmg and combat panes and removed them.

Seems ok now, quite tidy....
Sorry to highjack this thread a bit but last night on my warlock the shard button just above the autobar in this pic moved to the minimap and I can't get it back to this location. Any idea where I need to look to fix that? And the heatlstone button has disappeared altogether.
04-01-08, 04:27 PM   #8
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

The add on which controls that bar is Shardace but why it moved from it's position I'm afraid I don't know.

Someone else may have a better idea...
04-02-08, 10:54 AM   #9
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
I've made suggestions for replacements to mods broken by 2.4 in the 2.4 bugfix thread. SCL can be replaced by CombatFilter and setup in nearly the exact same manner in the same windows SCL used.
03-28-08, 06:54 AM   #10
Doriginal1
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Flagoren View Post
Okay, this is how I modified the windows to keep the combat text on the right side and private right back where it was. If you follow this step by step, you shouldn't have any issues, but if you do, feel free to ask.

1. Right click the fubar at top. In the drop down list select Prat. Then select Tabs, and then Set Display Mode. Set all displays to default. Close the Waterfall(the window this was all done in).

2. Hold left click on the old Private tab and move it into the middle of the screen. (This is the combat chat window as assigned by Blizzard and is not reassignable.) Rename this window Combat Log, or whatever works for you. Right click the Tab and click settings (This will bring up the Combat Config window). Select Other on the left side and check the following boxes: Experience, Honor, Reputation, Skill-ups, Item Loot, Pet Info, Misc Info. Click Okay in the bottom right of the config window. Again right click the Tab, then select Background and move the needle on the right side bar all the way to the top(This will give it a black background) and click Okay.

3. Hold left click on one of the windows in the bottom right and drag it to where the chat windows are, placing it in the second position. Rename this window Private. Right click the new Private tab and click settings. In the chat category check Whisper only. In the Other category uncheck all currently checked boxes. Click Okay in the bottom right of the config window. Right click the new Private tab, click Background, and move the slider on the right to the bottom. Right click the tab again and lock the window. Right click the tab on the remaining window on the bottom right and remove it.

4. Finally, to move and resize the new Combat Log window. Holding left click on the right and bottom edges of the window will allow you to resize it; and holding left click on the tab will allow you to move the entire window into position on the bottom right.

*Note this is only a temporary fix, once you mazzify again it will change it all back. I do not know how to make it a permanent fix, sorry.
Thanks for the info.
03-29-08, 06:23 AM   #11
awarsoca
A Murloc Raider
When I right click the Fubar, I get a pop up with several drop downs, but non of them have Prat. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Clint
03-29-08, 10:22 AM   #12
wildespace
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by awarsoca View Post
When I right click the Fubar, I get a pop up with several drop downs, but non of them have Prat. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Clint
Prat should be in the Chat & Communications category. If you don't have it there, make sure it's actually enabled in Mazzle Options.
03-30-08, 07:52 AM   #13
awarsoca
A Murloc Raider
Thanks!
It wasn't there but I got what I needed via /prat menu command
05-01-08, 06:03 PM   #14
Sitey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Flagoren View Post
[i][color="DarkOrange"]1. Right click the fubar at top. In the drop down list select Prat. Then select Tabs, and then Set Display Mode. Set all displays to default. Close the Waterfall(the window this was all done in).
I've used this fix before and have gotten it to work, but for some reason, I can't find the "Tabs". This has resulted in me just deleting the bottom right two windows... which has messed up my autobar, which, I used the fix mentioned in this thread, but now it messes up my trinket addon. When i hover over to change my trinket, it goes under the button I chose, and my netherweave bandage comes up, and uses it.

I had this messed up, because I can no longer see my whispers sent to others. Only incoming whispers I can see. I tried to set it to chat defaults, and that totally messed everything up. Mazzifying prat didn't fix it.

//edit- I had to enable Tabs. I still have the problem of not seeing my own whispers though.

//edit 2 - Turns out it was an addon I got called Spammenot. I guess I have to live with the gold spammers.

Last edited by Sitey : 05-02-08 at 06:02 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Combat text area